Friday, April 25, 2008

No Friday Flats

Greetings Readers

Today, I watched the morning with more than the usual interest. I needed to know what the weather was going to be today. I did hear that supposedly it was suppose to rain and/or snow today a few days earlier

I woke up this morning and decided that I did not want to deal with another flat bike tire this week. And since I have run out of spare tires I have to either choose to buy a cheap tire until my expensive high quality tires that I ordered on Thursday arrive. (by the way - I was surfing the Internet when I stumbled across the website http://www.coloradocyclist.com/ and I found some great deals on brands I use.) Or I use all my other bikes that are not winter bikes when there is no chance for rain or snow in the days before I get my new tires. Or lastly, I just grin and bear it and try to deal with the almost daily bike flats until I get my new tires.

I am basically used to the constant flat tires, but it is starting to wear me thin dealing with the bike flat repair. And more importantly trying to get the "black stuff" off my hands from changing the bike tire

Sounds like I got off topic. I heard that the weather forecast was going to be okay - cool and windy, but no rain. I decided right there to take Andrea out for a Friday ride to and from work. I still have the original tires that I bought a week after I bought her. Oh yes, I took off the tires that were on the bike when I purchased her. Not my type nor did I want that on Andrea. I only have to have what I like to use on my bikes

Fast forward - It was a nice Friday not to have to worry about where the next flat tire was going to come. Although I was still ready for a flat to happen.

And I put a deposit down for Grand Theft Auto IV - Limited Edition for the PS3.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: