Monday, April 28, 2008

Basso & Hamilton

Greetings Readers

It has been almost one year to the date that I did a post regarding Ivan Basso and him getting a two year ban. I just visited the sports cycling section and I see that he has signed onto Team Liquigas for next year.

Long story short Ivan Basso's 2 year ban ends on 10/24/08 and his "new" contract starts 01/01/09. Apparently, Ivan has been training since being suspended and should be ready to race come January.

That is good news to hear for Basso.

Hamilton, Tyler Hamilton, appears to be racing again from I just read and found out. I have mixed opinions on him, specifically during the Tour de France when he made the motion to make everyone "hold up" until that one certain rider catches up after crashing. Fuck. Thinking about it now just starts me getting worked up. Jan would have won the Tour de France that year if he had not listened to Tyler.

Yet, on the flip side I was impressed by one stage win, perhaps it was his only stage win, that he took that stage. Or perhaps I am getting my riders mixed up with Tyler. I just do not remember or it was nothing of note to remember.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: