Friday, April 18, 2008

Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre

Greetings Readers

I am not going to say that I got my wish. But. Desire. Oh yes! Or perhaps it was the words of my blog. Am I that powerful of a writer? A blogger? Nope. Only in my world.

Well, was it on Monday that I wrote about Coors Amphitheatre and what I thought about the venue?

As I was listening to FOX news this morning I hear a blurb that caught my ears. The TV was on for background noise when I hear "Coors Amphitheatre." I stopped and ran into the living room to see what was being said.

I can not say word for word, but basically Coors Amphitheatre is no longer. I was shocked. Then, I hear that Coors is pulling their name in favor of focusing soley on sport events. Nothing more was given besides that.

I am happy. Old School. Old School Baby!

Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre. The way it shall be from now til the end of my time.

I guess I should actually talk about the venue. Yes, I have seen many concerts there and it is a place to see a concert. Not anywhere close to the grandeur of the Red Rocks Venue, but I do like the idea of a venue right near where I live. Yes, mainly because of distance. I also like getting the "lawn" seating and just sitting and enjoying a concert while sitting on the "green." I could care less about the spectacle and sound, per se, since I am way in the back of the venue.

I will tell you what I like. I like sitting on the lawn enjoying hopefully a nice evening, with a beer/Jack Daniels in my hand and having someone to enjoy the concert with. I also like to watch other people in back. I like seeing a parent/parents with their younger child(ren) and perhaps seeing a concert for a first time and the pure joy of seeing a concert with their mom/dad.

Yes, I was moved once by a Dad that brought his daughter to an Iron Maiden concert years ago. The Dad was probably my age, a typical looking dad and his young daughter (7-10 years old I assumed) dancing and talking to Dad while they were on the "green." I remember thinking to myself, wow - taking his daughter to an Iron maiden Concert. Definitely Old School, but definite not a stuck up Dad. This was the music that he and I probably listened to while in High School.

And yes readers, I will keep my eye out and take a NEW picture of me in front of the new, old sign of Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre when I see the signage displayed in the area that I took the picture earlier this week.

By the way, I want to think it was the voice of me (my blog) that made the change back to Fiddler's Green this week. Oh yes, I am that powerful of a writer. I have that kind of power. yes, I am smiling like a dictator probably would.

Anyway, I better get off my soapbox, before I get myself high on a pedestal.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: