Monday, April 14, 2008

Andrea & Coors Amphitheatre

Greetings Readers

What a beautiful evening it is. There was the Sun - in all her glory. I can not see a cloud in the sky, as the weather forecasters indicated this morning. I also went out for lunch and around noon and the weather was the same, but not as warm as it is this evening.

Anyway, today was the first day of the new year that I took Andrea out for a ride since mid last year, I think. I wanted to mark the occasion with a picture of me at the Coors Amphitheatre.

However, if you are old school, or you believe in "Old School" then this venue will forever be known as Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre. I hate all these Stadiums, Venues, Amphitheatres, Coliseums, etc, being named after a Corporate Entity (most likely a "Giant" corporate entity). To me that is a sellout. Only after the money, the moolah. Which I believe in, but not for this type of subject. Again, this is only my opinion.

I did not want to take this picture with me in front of the logo, but I really needed something for Andrea's first ride of the year within riding distance of home and me still recovering from being sick last week. I do not want to promote a name that I do not "believe" in. This was also the first time that I got to wear my Santa Fe Century bike Jersey from the Santa Fe Century 1994. Four years old and she is still beautiful and almost very fine condition.

Then, I have another picture of just Andrea by herself. Is she not the prettiest thing you have ever seen. Boy, I am still very fond of Andrea. Once upon a time I remember me telling everyone that my front fork is made of Carbon Fiber. This was the first time that I ever bought a bike with Carbon Fiber on the bike frame. Of course, I have installed carbon handlebars and seat posts, but I never really thought that of a "true" Carbon on a bike. Andrea does have a nice front fork. And what makes her even more unique is when I douse her tires and seat pack in red, which offsets the black and white on the bike itself.

Not to mention her color scheme. I loved the colors - Black and white - Wait readers! I know Black and White are not "True" Colors, but I am not getting technical this time. I am going to have to check how long I have had Andrea, but I think this is her fourth year (perhaps fifth year) and I have only put on 2,014.50 miles on her. Andrea averages about 500 miles per year, but though I can guarantee you readers that during her first two years she hardly went out at all. Just like Rebecca now, I do not want her to get wet, snowed on or muddy. Andrea has to be Pristine!

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: