Friday, March 30, 2007

An Alternate Motherland

Greetings Readers

Okay, for this coming Amazing Race on Sunday. The team that I have chosen to lose (get eliminated) is the team of Oswald and Danny and my opponent has chosen Joe & Bill to lose. I really did not have a clue who to chose this time around. It is starting to get hard to predict. I think what is making me have a hard time to chose is that these teams are thinking differently since they all have played before and they sort of know how to proceed even those this is a new Amazing Race. I guess what I am saying is that Charla & Mirna came in first twice! Uchenna & Joyce came in last, but it was a non-elimination round. So, you see readers there are teams that are doing the unexpected. So wish the best for Danny and Oswald to lose.

Well, the weather is sunny, but I think that the temps is suppose to be in the 40's today. Not a bad ride this morning. Kind of cold, but I got warmed up after a mile and half.

Readers, I was surfing the net last night and I happened to visit Natalie Merchant's website, which I have not visit in such a long time. I was clicking around when I happened upon a section where she wrote something about the album/CD Motherland. Yes, we faithful listeners read the liner notes when the CD was issued and know how Natalie felt at the time. However, in the section I stumbled upon Natalie decided the time was right for to release and say what was planned for "Motherland" Wow. There are about 20 pictures and a brief written intro about Motherland. One may say this is something that she made up/thought up after the attacks in Manhattan, but it is not. The first three pictures of the proposed album/CD cover was wow. Well, it did affect me in a way. Not bad nor good, but on how close a relationship could be formed between this and the attack. More so to the bad, since any publicity relating to that could be bad, from the general public view, in my humble opinion.

Then, there were various other photos, same subject, but not very interesting. Sure, the subject matter of the photos were still the same, but could be taken differently than from the music of the CD.

I guess what is now "etched" in my memory now is the proposed cover picture of Motherland. I will never look at my Motherland CD/Poster without thinking of the other picture that is now all I can draw upon. And it is not the smiling face of Natalie Merchant sitting under/in front of an Apple tree. Sorry readers, I can not describe the picture nor do I want to. Obviously you can find this bit of information on her website www.nataliemerchant.com If you are a follower of Natalie please discover on your own, as it should be, when you want to find something about your favorite artist/musician.

The last bit of info on her website is that she is having another album released in April. the 16th I think.

This blog will most likely be the last for March and I want to thank you for reading another month of my blogging.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: