Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day for the Colorado Rockies

Greetings People

The joke was on me yesterday. And not the funny kind of joke.


I woke up yesterday morning planning to run the Platte River Half Marathon. I was getting ready to head out when I noticed that my front tire had a flat tire. No big deal. I decided I will use my winter bike. Well, Heidi had 2 flats of her own. I was not even going to take Andrea out - too expensive to leave in the area I was heading to. My Mountain bike was not going to work since that is too much work to pedal before a half Marathon. Shit. I had to fix Tracey's flat and time was of the essence. I was muttering and cussing left and right.

Finally got out the door and headed to downtown Littleton. Well, 50 yards from downtown Littleton I got double flat when I hit a rock in the road. I did not see the rock since the sun and shadows were on that part of the road. Damn. damn. So, I had to walk the bike the rest of the way to downtown Littleton. I locked up, then headed to the suppose area of registration. Well, I got the registration area about 8:52 AM and I was told registration was closed. I said "are you serious?!" They said yes. I was not mad, but sort of perturb. Mostly from the double flat. Well, I did not argue, nor say anything else. I headed out and went back to my bike to fix my tires.

I was getting mad once more that I had gotten the two flat tires and then thinking about not running was finally getting me riled up - pissed off.

Oh readers, I forgot to mention, I was pissed off before noticing the flat tire at home. My Ipod somehow locked up and I could not use the Ipod so that had pissed me off first thing this morning. had I bought a new Tiesto CD and loaded up the night before.

So, I managed to fix one tire and then I saw that I had no more tire patches. No more. Oh boy oh boy. Furious does not even come close. I had to take the RTD bus back to home. Mad. Mad. Mad.

Four different things all happening in an hour an a half.

Back at home I cooled off while watching a movie and fixing my flat.


And yes - Opening day for Colorado Rockies.

I lost another Amazing Race on Sunday - urgh!

I got to go people.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: