Tuesday, March 20, 2007

2007 Spring Vernal Equinox - 6:07 PM

Greetings Readers

I thought about calling this blog "Respect in Lonetree", but alas I decided to go with something a little less "Stuck up"

In the past, before the big winter storms hit back to back to back, I have a couple of stops that I make in the morning while going to work. Usually their deal and/or prices are better than buying at work from the vending machine.

So, I headed into the local 7-11 got my litre of Coca-Cola and headed to the counter. I could not help noticing the girl that I know. Well, loosely know. I know of her and she knows of me but only in my previous morning stops from last year. I headed to her register and got checked out by her. No readers I do not mean "checked out", but ringed up at the register. She said "Gosh I have not seen you in a long time" I said "yeah because of the ice and snow that I have not been biking" She laughed lightly and smiled at me. I of course smiled right back. Of course readers, I smiled for all it was worth. Why? Well - recognition baby! As you can see I have a positive effect on people and not always the negative effect nor do I always get the "oh shit. Not this guy again." LOL. I do "touch" people in some ways that are positive and when I can bring a smile to their face or at least get them to talk more than just a customer. Well, that's a bonus for both of us. No, that does not mean I want to sleep with her. Or any of other women I know at different places. Although there is this one King Soopers employee that I know, and trying to get to know, but I still can not get the "read" on her. I digress once more.

Have you readers seen that new show that just started on FX? "The Riches" with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. I think it is a pretty interesting show so far. Only two episodes have been shown, but I think that the show's concept is good. The concept is believable to a certain extent. Yet, while watching the show I was actually thinking about the possible questions I would raise as the show goes further into its run. Again I was already analyzing the show. Yet what has intrigued me is the "problems" that the family has or yet to come. Whether to them personally or someone else. The picture in this blog entry is of "the house". P.S - there is a character from the other FX Show - It Always sunny in Philadelphia - that has shown up in episode 2 of the Riches.

Prison Break was a dud - I understand the "need" for all the cast members in the show to perhaps get together, but it does not make sense. I mean for almost 7/8 of the season all these cast members (who are still alive) have had their own plot lines and may have intertwined with some of the others, but largely have kept apart. Then, Michael getting all emotional about Sarah - I mean "come on". Then Michael saying there is only one thing to do "Run". Again - "Come on" - they have been running since the first season's last episode. Anyway, two episodes left.
Sorry readers about the "Come on", but if you true SP fans know why I quoted this then you know why it so fit this paragraph. And this is not the L Hewitt's "Come on!" quote.

Spring is so close and you can see the green starting to come up from the ground. I do not think the green will sprout from the trees soon, but I am thinking about two weeks for the first wave.

I just found out that NIP / TUCK is coming back for a fifth season. Woo Hoo! What would I do without McNamera / Troy? Well, nothing. But these "plastic surgeons" have made me care about them even though they are just TV characters.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: