Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Respect in Englewood

Greetings People

Respect was recognized this evening. As I left work this evening I decided to visit my Chick-fil-A and get my gallon of Sweet Tea. I was not even in the door when I saw "my man", already getting my gallon of Sweet Tea for me. At the register was a young teenager girl looking at me and "the man" completing my order. Respect, my friends. As I mentioned in a previous blog some time ago - one hand washes the other and well respect was recognized today and that has entirely made my day. The young girl was speechless, but never-the-less she smiled as her manager completed my order with any orders given. When all was said and done and he completed my order I said "Thank you very, very much sir" and thank you to the young girl even though she did nothing except give me my change. I think subconsciously I wanted attention tonight for the so-so day I had and I made an excuse to stop by and visit since I have not visited Chick-fil-A since December. That was not due to me being lazy, but because of all the snow and ice and yes even the cold that has transpired in the past three months. Readers, I hope that I do not sound rude, but I wanted some attention and this was the way, only way, that I thought I could get the "respect" I craved quickly. I guess the other thing was that at least I avoided any opportunity for me to get "worked up" in order to get myself "pleased" Strange I should operate that way, but that is one of my faults I do not recognize as "bad", but "good" for me.

As you surmised readers, I am getting my smile back thinking about him getting my order without even asking. We quickly asked how each other was doing and how our winter went.

Well, I broke the 500 song mark on my Pink Ipod last night. Pretty amazing feat and I think that I am down to 1.58 GB of space left. I was up late last night loading more songs onto my Pink Ipod.

Speaking of which, on Monday I brought my Pink Ipod to work and was hiding the Ipod underneath my keyboard or I would lay a piece of paper on top of the Ipod so no one could see. Well, that went out the door this morning. Today I let my Pink Ipod be left out in the open on my desk. I was comfortable with letting anyone see. After all it is only a color. Yet, more importantly I think my confidence and getting back into training has starting something in me that indicates I am ready to tackle the world. I have more important things to care about and the color is something very superficial to worry about. Although, it is a great starter to a conversation. Depending on your view =). Hold on Readers! I am not going to cross the line and join the same team as me. Oh no! Still straight as an arrow and love the color blue. I think that I heard that "Pink is the new Black" once. Whatever.

New SouthPark in a little more than 24 hours. Woo Hoo!

The last thing, I think. Prison Break - I was laughing so hard last night that I could not breathe. It was the previews for the next episode of Prison Break in two weeks. It appears that Teddy, with a fisherman's hat on, is in a cab at the airport and he is wrestling through the left back window of the cab with Sucre on the outside of the cab and yells "andele!" and then not a second later Teddy leans and looks toward the cab driver, while still wrestling with Sucre and says louder "Andele!". Hah hah. That is Teddy to a T. Not a panicked looked, but a Teddy look. The other scene in Prison Break was when Sarah was hiding under the bed in the hotel. She hears the door click, leading to believe that Agent Mahone has left. Get the fuck out of here! This is a classic horror movie plot. The girl goes swimming, the guy goes to the bathroom, or someone goes for a beer and says "I'll be right back" I had to laugh at this - only a white girl (no disrespect to white people) would think that everything is okay, when it is NOT. Messed up! I told my black co-worker today and we just laughed until tears were rolling down her face and my side was hurting from trying not to laugh out loud. Just too funny. She pointed out the hotel maid and how Mahone flashed his badge in one hand while his gun was in the other hand and she just casually hands the key out of her pocket to him then casually rolls her cart out of the scene as if she was going to the next room to clean. Which leads to the key? A physical Key? This is a fancy hotel (come on folks a 10 story hotel) would have a card reader/hotel key cards. There would not be a physical key. Sorry readers. True Shit. Yet, I realize this is a show and yes I will still watch. But, I will still look for the unusual things that do not "work" for me. =)

Alright, I think that I have nothing else to say

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: