Friday, March 09, 2007

694 MB left...

Greetings People

That is how much space I have left in my Pink 4GB Ipod. It has been only since Sunday that I started with loading information onto the Ipod. All songs are from my personal collection - not one downloaded song was purchased. And I have not even made a dent in my collection on what I want to store onto my Pink Ipod.

I am trying to find some major faults with being a current Ipod owner, but I can not. There are some good things about the Ipod that I have discovered on my own.

Can you readers believe that I have not used my "Ben Franklin" sport CD player that I has been my constant companion for the past three years. Sad thing is that this CD has been close to me than any woman has been to me in the past three years. I guess that shows you readers where my priorities are. Readers, do not get me wrong - I am no monk and yes I do need a little something-something every now and then. Not a true booty call, per se, but very close looking for some booty. If she is unavailable then I have to go out on the "hunt". hah hah. I digress from the story....

So, almost a week without using my CD player. I do miss the weight of the CD player against my leg or body when I am riding or running. Perhaps I should give the Pink Ipod a rest and take out my CD player this Sunday.

Daylight Savings Time is this weekend. Nothing plus or minus for me, but I will welcome the time change.

I have this unbelievable urge for the Colonel's Chicken. So readers I am getting a bucket of chicken - mix of Extra Crispy and Original, with Mashed potatoes and gravy and then some biscuits. So, any of my lady friends want KFC for dinner you know where there is going to be a bucket of chicken tonight. I might even have to buy some beer... Except what kind of beer goes with KFC's chicken? I am going to have to think about that.

My bike rider that I have followed through out the years has retired from Cycling - Jan Ullrich.

That is a picture of him and he had many different titles besides not being known as Jan Ullrich. The name I remember and sort of refer to myself, but without the "German", is "The German Machine" I modeled my training in the past years from him. I train in the big gears. No readers, I do not think I have done damage to my knees that I have not already in the past 11 years. I love pedaling in the big ring gear. Even a few people that know me know that I ride in the big ring, which these people remember. Few people can handle long periods in the big ring, but I can do, but that did not happen overnight. It took practice and more practice. Funny thing is that on all of the nine road bikes I have, which eight of them are triple ring gears, there is definite wear on the "teeth" of the big ring gear. The "teeth" are worn down to dull, round points. If you look at the middle ring there is some sharp teeth points and some not so sharp points and then in the small ring the "teeth" are still brand new. I hardly ever, ever use the third ring, or commonly known as the "granny gear", but it is nice to know it is there to use.

There are many reasons why I have always chosen to purchase a three ring bike. I do alot of Mountain Climbing (Vail Pass, Fremont Pass, Devil's Gulch,etc) and there are times when I need the last ring available to get to the top of the pass. That "extra" gear has helped when I am in the mountains. I know of the two ring bike, but I am not interested. Nothing good or bad for me, but to some people it does matter. Also, whether these people talk about my "granny gear" to me, I could care less. Not going to hurt my feelings, People I wear clothing that is controversial sometimes, I have things on my "touring" helmet, I am a saractic son of a bitch on a bike, I have Bandannas wrapped as bike tape on my handlebars, I have two, sometimes three bike odometers on my bike. Nothing that you say about my "granny" gear is going to affect me. Arrogant? No, that is confidence. I make myself stand out from other bike riders. I want people to recognize me.

I guess I do not have anything else to blog about so...

until the next time

No comments: