Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The "other" people I know

Greetings People

I decided to stop by my Chick-fil-A last night since I was out of sweet tea and the evening was sort of nice to ride home in so I was in no hurry to go straight home.

Anyway, there was a young guy at the counter and he looks at me and says questionably "Sweet Tea?" I said "yes please". I immediately felt really good about the evening already. I once again have to admit that I was pleased about this and also this little thing was something I needed to cap off a day. I then saw my regular man at this Chick-fil-A sitting at one of the tables nearby. I appeared that he was on a break. So, before I sat down with him I made sure it was alright for me to sit with him. He indicated - no problem.

We chatted for about five minutes or so. Again, I was in no hurry and we just learned more about each other. He has been working at two Chick-fil-A's for the past five years. He has been seeing a woman for about 4 fours years. He asked where I worked, if I was single, do I bike a lot? It was a nice talk learning a bit more about this guy I do not know really. I have been stopping in every four days or so, which I was not even aware of.

This morning I decided to bike in another route to work. This way is shorter, but also from last year I noticed that there is a "homeless" man living on this side of town that I saw every morning. Anyway, I do not know why I thought of him this morning, but I decided to ride by to see if he is still hanging around. It has been a cold, heavy winter and I do not think he has hung around this part of town. Hopefully, he has migrated to one of the homeless shelters.

I did not see him nor did I see all his "stuff" at the place that he is at usually. I am sorry readers that I can not tell you the location. It is not your business nor concern about this guy. If someone complains/call the police on him - so be it, but I am not going to divulge the location of this guy in case anyone may stumble across the blog and decide to do something to him or against him for whatever reason.

I have given him change on occasion or nod my head in the morning to him indicating hello. Otherwise, I did check on him, from a distance, every morning that I did ride by his "area" to see if everything was okay or if he made it through a cold, cold night. Granted, there is nothing that I could have done, but in my view I see that watching out for him does give me something to be grateful for.

Before I forget, last Friday when I got out of work early I decided to stop by Qdoba's and see if anyone I know was there. Yes, I was looking for my Qdoba girl. I saw my other Qdoba girl, but not the one that I like. She said long time no see and I of course said hello, how are you? We chatted a bit, but let's be honest readers, I wanted to know if my other Qdoba girl was still working. I got a name - Debbie, but I am not sure if that is the same person. I did not want to upset this girl just in case she offended that I like the other girl and not her. Which I think she is under the impression that I also like her, but she is not my type. However, since I do visit here I do not want to rock the boat with any unnecessary conflict(s). LOL. She then said the other girl quit. Could that have been the girl I liked? I do not know - so guess what readers? I am going to have to go to Qdoba's on my lunch break to see if she is working the lunch shift.

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: