Saturday, March 10, 2007

On the Eve of early DST

Greetings People

Not much I am going to say, but I got my bucket of KFC, but not without some drama. Tires, tires and tires. You know I am back on the bike and not even a week I am getting flats and flats every day.

So, before the KFC stop last night I decided to go to the bike store and purchase some new tires. Well, there was a deal in the store. Half price on tires that looked ok, but more importantly - these tires will match the color of my other bike - gray. Woo Hoo. Always a bonus. Yep readers, I have put the winter bike in storage for now and will use only when the weather is not going to be sunny and clear. I just have to be extra careful with my rims since Centennial has potholes and potholes everywhere. I can not damage my good rims. I think I might have to purchase some new rims just for the occasion. I would rather "trash" a $ 100.00 rim than my more expensive rims. I also picked up three more tubes and three more cycling caps.

It felt so weird taking out "Tracy" this morning. She was purring and ready to put some miles on this beautiful morning. She glides across the road and let me tell her new color of gray does not do her justice. She is fucking beautiful!

Okay, well that is all I am going to blog about for now, well perhaps for the weekend. I just wanted to tell the world readers that I am really happy to be back on my road bikes after being so long off them. Not torture, but just my version of "cabin fever".

I have the "Runnin of the Green 7k" in Denver tomorrow. I am looking forward to that - the day is suppose to be a pretty day and it is going to be an excellent day for drinking downtown after the race.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: