Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wrestling at the Olympics - oh well

Greetings Readers

Roman Grecko Wrestling - I hate to say this readers, but this event just did not do a thing for me. I did not get excited. I was bored. I did give one match up a viewing so I can say that I did watch one event. Anyway, I gave up and watched women's soccer.

I should not of given up watching since that was where it got interesting. I am not sure if I am cheering or booing, but the guy wrestler who won the bronze dropped his medal on the podium and walked away. Fucking wow! He has some balls to do that. Damn. I am not sure I could do that, but should I ever feel that way that is the way I would like to go out.

I am not supporting the wrestler, but I have to give kudos for him even doing something like that.

Onto the next subject

Alright, I have been eating out pretty regularly for the past two weeks. Oh yes, there is a reason, but nothing to share with you readers.

Anyway, I go into Chipotle’s for lunch. I probably arrived after the major rush of the noon lunch hour for most white and blue-collar workers. Which means that I was basically the last person in line.

I asked for a ground sirloin beef burrito. The employee looks at me saying nothing. I estimate about ten seconds later I repeat what I just said - I want a ground sirloin burrito with the word please at the end of my sentence this time. I immediately got crossed since I had to repeat myself. I think you readers may or may not know I hate repeating myself if I was clear the first time.

“Uh we do not have that here” is what I think the employee said to me. I look at the menu and shake my head. If the employee would of said that when I answered what I wanted to eat the first time, then there would not have been the start of a chip on my shoulder. “Oh that’s at the other place,” I said softly. The employee did not, would not, say that other place – Qdoba – but the employee and me connected. “OK – give me the steak burrito.” Readers – I know that this whole part of the story could have been avoided if I had looked at the menu on the far wall from the lunch line.

Then, I was out of that employee’s life and into another employee’s life doing the fixin’s of the burrito. “I want…” which I started to say and then the employee interrupted “What do you want in your burrito?”

What the Fuck !?!?!?

I did speak “I want….” before the employee asked the question the employee probably asks every customer that question. Though, this interruption further made the chip on my shoulder get bigger. In addition, this pissed me off since I was interrupted when I was giving what I wanted on my burrito.

I take a few seconds before saying anything. All this time I was basically looking the employee straight in the eye, without saying a word and a face that showed stone cold pissed off.

“I want tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce.” There was no “please” by me. Then, I am out of that employee’s life.

Now, the next employee. I immediately asked “I want chips and salsa – hot” Right after I said this sentence the employee asks what else I want. I stare at the employee. I am not to repeating myself since I made myself clear the first and only time. A couple seconds go by and then the employee reaches for the bag of chips that are prepared and sitting on a shelf on a wall behind the cashier. After that the employee goes and gets my hot salsa.
While that is being done I started taking out a 10-bone bill from my wallet.

About 10 seconds later the employee re-appears with my hot salsa and starts bagging my lunch. I then put out my right hand with the 10-bone bill and it is about 6 inches away from the cashier’s hands.

Readers, at this point I am pissed, since I basically had an “incident” with each employee on the lunch line. Fuck me. No fucking way. Fuck them. At least I know I watched them make my lunch so there is no way for anyone of them to have spit in my lunch.

The cashier asks “would you like a drink?”

Now. About 95 percent of the time the answer that I give is “no thank you.” Which means that perhaps 99 percent of you readers would answer the same way. But as I just outlined I was pissed off for the actions of each employee I encountered on the lunch line. I agree with all you readers that the right thing is to respond to the cashier was either a “no thank you” or “yes please.”

But I was pissed and the pissed off mood grew at every employee I visited on the way to the cashier. The cashier did nothing to get me in a pissed off mood. But! The cashier did add to it when the cashier asked “would you like a drink?”

The remaining 5 percent is what came into factor in this instance. I immediately replied “Did I ask for a drink?” A couple seconds later I added, “The answer to your question is the answer to my question.” The cashier looks at me, but no evil/stink eye. There was no - who the fuck is this customer - look. There was no reply to my question. The cashier simply pushed some keys on the register and then gave me my change.

This was not a victory, nor was I looking for a victory. I know what I wanted and that’s that. I clearly stated what I wanted and did so even before I was asked all the questions that were directed to me. Though, the last one was rude (in my opinion), but only because I had experienced the questions prior getting to the employee working the register.

I know there was a high road I could of taken, but due to all the questions that were asked for me I chose the other road.

I know that I am going to sound like a broken record, but at this point – this is where I decided to be like Tony. I am not happy until someone else is more miserable than I am.

The cashier did not deserve my question to their question, but this was the last employee before leaving Chipotle and I needed to get my pissed off mood on someone. I believe in I am not happy until someone is more miserable than I am when this sort of situation presents itself.

Wait. That was not the end of my experience. I was pissed off and to justify my response on how to get back at Chipotle I decided to take my change and not take my receipt. I grabbed the cash and did not grab the receipt. The cashier dropped the receipt and I made no move to pick up the receipt. A few seconds pass and the cashier picks up the receipt the cashier dropped to the counter and the receipt disappears behind the counter.

Child-ish?

Perhaps, but the cashier should of asked me if I wanted my receipt. Since the places I frequent often ask me if I want my receipt or not. I am under no obligation to take the receipt from the cashier. Is it written that I am responsible for a receipt (a piece of paper) that I paid for? No fucking way. I paid for my meal and that’s that. If I did not ask for receipt then I do not have to take the receipt.

Remember readers, this particular post is an every now and then thing and not something I do every time I go out and eat. If my experience did not piss me off by the time I got to the cashier then none of what I just wrote would have not of happened. I would of said yes or no and took my change and receipt without prejudice.

Yes, I was a prick. I do not apologize nor will I apologize for what I just described. Again, I have stated this before – I am the customer and the cardinal rule is “the customer is always right.” Or as in Burger King’s motto – Your way Right away.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: