Monday, August 04, 2008

23 days over 90 degrees

Greetings Readers

Today will mark the 23rd day of being over 90 degrees straight. And we are not just talking 90's either - we have had more than a few 100 degree days. Such as this past weekend - I think it was 104 and 103 on Saturday and Sunday. Well, as I listened to the news this morning I hear that today is going to be end of the most consecutive days in a row. There is a cold front moving in, the jet stream is dropping into Colorado and some moisture is coming in from the South.

Damn, I could be a weatherperson also. Nayh, then I would more less credible than I am now.

I turned off the A/C last night so I am back to the open windows and fan running the window sill. No problem. I just could not bear sleeping restlessly and sweaty as I did last week. I did have a nice cool humble abode that I was not used to. I sure enjoyed coming home to a cool abode. Yet, I miss the night sounds coming in from the windows that I usually keep open. I do like to hear the sprinklers come on in the early morning and the water splashing in a water fountain nearby. I also miss the sound in the distance every once in a while sound of a fire engine, police car, or Ambulance whining away.

Tomorrow, we are going to be in the 80's for the first time in 24 days. I actually do care since we all have been suffering in this heat wave that is going to end today.

Well, sorry about overloading you readers with all those pictures with my bike and new rims at various locations in Denver and Downtown Denver.
I am going to share a few more. These are other shots from different points of views of the landmark used in the various pictures.

I have also included a picture of the "Cash Register" building that I ran up from the first floor to the top floor two years ago. You can see that the morning sun is being reflected in the southern windows of the building. I hope you can see the height of the building and how tall it does look. Granted, Denver does not have true skyscrapers, like the ones that I saw and went into in Seattle, Washington, but we do have a few high buildings, BUT not a lot.

Also, I have included a before and after picture of Andrea with the new HED. rims and the old rims that came with the bike when I purchase. Man oh man, it is amazing what a set of expensive rims can do to a bike. I mean she was like just the real Andrea that she is named after, but with the HED. rims it now puts Andrea in the Ultra-Supermodel category. Just thought to share.

P.S. I just checked the http://www.usopen.org/ website and the U.S. Open towels for this year's U.S. Open are now on sale. Woo Hoo! Time for me and my friend to order our U.S. Towels and be better than just your regular U.S. Open Fan.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: