Friday, August 08, 2008

Beijing 2008 Olympics

Greetings Readers

08/08/08 at 8:08:08 the 2008 Olympics have started.


I would have to say that I am now excited. Before this week I was not really gun ho for the start of the Olympics. Perhaps that was to that I really do not have any events to be looking forward to.

What I am looking forward to is the Parade of Athletes into the Stadium. I am not looking for one particular Country. I just want to see the athletes and people walking into the stadium on opening day. (though I could do without the cameras and video recorders half the athletes have. Yet in the same position I probably would have a camera myself)

Now, I know I will never have a moment like that, but the closest I have been to that is my first Marathon and my only Triathlon the Ironman Arizona. I felt everyone was watching me. I was not nervous. Yet, I liked the feeling that everyone’s eyes were on us athletes.


The other athletes around me were not athletes to me, but my friends. I know that may seem strange, but we athletes were not competing each for attention, but we were all friends up until the actual start of the event.


Well, let me restate that - there was no parade in my events like the parade of athletes in the Olympics, but I still see the same oneness in those athletes walking in the stadium. Walking, talking, smiling, taking pictures. At my personal events I felt the same way I see those athletes walking in the stadium.

I think that I may have said this before, but I never knew my fellow athletes would be there for me when I fell while at the top of my career.

Though, since my Fall I have re-awakened my desire of being an athlete once more. And I am happy to say that I found my desire once more and I am striving to get back on top, but in no hurry. And with less cockiness, but I still have the desire to ride/run down the rider in front of me when I take the starting line at the back of the athletes.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: