Friday, August 15, 2008

49 Degrees in August

Greetings Readers

When my time is up adding to the American Economy I go down to the garage and change into my biking clothes (and no not just the garage readers - the garage floor restroom). 99 percent of the time I ride my bike via the underground garage exit. With that being said I ride up the incline to ground level and then hang a left towards the East and make a final appearance in front of the building of all the other people who also added to the American Economy.

At the end of the day, most days, I probably have had many Coca-Colas and energy ready to burn. So, I make it a point to ride a bit faster than I should. Basically, showing off in my mind to the people also leaving for the day.

Yet, that MO changed when I got my HED. Rims.

I am doing almost the exact same ritual for the past month now, except I am now riding as slow as possible. Casual. Yeah, just casual riding like going out for a slow cruiser ride. I often look around who is also leaving, but not making eye contact with anyone else. And that may in part because no eyes are really looking at me, per se, but my bike and rims.

With that being said, I have talked to my friends for the past month and they know that I am happy, proud, love showing off my expensive rims. I think they understand, but then again I could be wrong. Never-the-less, I know that I am happy and that’s all that matters.

As I have posted to you readers about the different comments and what I have been doing to show off my rims I make sure to tell my friends who do not read my blog or any blog in general.

The end of the work week and I was just about ready to go, but I had to go and see my friend before I left for the weekend. Readers, let me assign my friend a name – let me us Pat. I started to talk to Pat and my friend interrupts me with a smile…

Pat saw me last night starting to ride home while sitting in their car getting ready to go home. Pat spots me and saw my rims for the first time. But Pat also saw what I have been telling everyone for the past month. Apparently, I was not exaggerating to Pat about riding slow. I was riding so slow that Pat laughed inside their car when I went by. But when Pat saw my rims my friend was impressed. While recounting seeing me last night Pat was pretty impressed by my bike now and how much those rims make me and bike so much more than just your everyday bike rider. Even though Pat was sitting in their car was some distance away Pat knew that was me riding. I think Pat said to me before leaving for the weekend “boy you are milking those rims aren’t you?”

I told her that’s not all. Stopping at stop signs and looking left and right two or three times. Looking at myself in any window so I can see my reflection and see how damn good I look.

Yet, what Pat added at the end of the conversation was - as I was riding off into the distance those rims could still be seen by Pat and they looked great.

Oh yeah.

Today's picture is a picture of South side of Denver and I know that you can not tell it is raining, cold, and foggy, but it is. When I left for work there was a low cloud ceiling, high forties and a steady falling rain. Amazing that it was 100 degrees last week and now it is half the temperature. Oh this picture is shot facing west. Visibility is about 1/2 mile and I know that you can not see the Rocky Mountains (I estimate about 15 miles to the foothills from where this picture was taken), but she's there. Just hidden being the fog bank, and the low ceiling clouds.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: