Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baseball at the Olympics - A Rumble

Greetings Readers

I did not see the game, but the replay was on TV this morning on the China vs. United States in Men's baseball was something else. I was in awe of how the game went down. Why did it go down the way it did go down? Was there something that was not mentioned that these two teams acted this way? Since I saw the replay on local TV there was bias like China just did what they did and we, meaning the United States, had to react the way they did. Though, I first saw the replay on MSNBC and they told and showed what happened and did not lead the viewer to a bias conclusion, nor were there any off-hand jokes of what happened. I am curious though since literally it was a rumble. I would have liked to seen this game, but there are others I have seen.


Last night, I decided to go to the store. Since I was going to the store I had to take another bike and not my "Tricked out" bike. I was wearing my Popeye's bike jersey and lo and behold two people comments on my bike jersey as opposed to my "tricked out" bike. There was a lady that was in front of me, but before she got in front of me she saw me. I saw her look and smile, but did not think anymore of that. Though I did look at what any guy would look at from the view of the back of a woman. Well, I saw her veer off and then she turned around and she said "that's a very nice jersey."

"Thank you" I said and then a few seconds later.

"Is it because it shows off my rippling biceps" with a huge smile.

"Yeah, that's what it is" she responded.

That was good for a good laugh. And I was smiling all the way home. Basically, I felt good and I guess I needed a good laugh.

Now, that are the sorts of comments that I live for, crave for and desire for when I know I purchase any of my bike jerseys.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: