Monday, August 18, 2008

Its Monday and its Sunny!

Greetings Readers

I saw the Sun this morning and she was beautiful. I know that may seem strange, but after the past three days of rain and more rain and not basically seeing the Sun I was happy to see the colors of the morning dawn – the dark blue, the orange, the red and eventually the yellow on the horizon.

I am glad that we got the rain, but I am glad we got back the Sun. This past weekend I had to close some of the windows, I had to pull out the blanket and even the comforter. My knees hurt and I think that is because of the damage I have done to my knees throughout my athletic career. Now, I think my knees are aware of any cold weather change. And boy I could my knee’s pain this past weekend.

We are into the last week of the Olympics and I have to say that I am really enjoying all the coverage USA, CNBC, MSBMC and Telemundo are showing of the Olympics events. I have watched small tidbits here and there of Channel 9’s NBC coverage, but it is just so bias. And really who wants to hear about interview after interview, a short bio of a certain athlete to get to Beijing. I know that I don’t. I want action and I want all sort of action. And also – is not too true that there is just too much coverage of a certain swimmer. Well, I am in good mood today so no talking smack.

And we have one week until the US Open. Oh yeah. And my co-worker and I have ordered our US Open towels for this year. In addition, I also ordered a yellow water bottle with the black logo of the flaming tennis ball.

Well, that is about all the happiness I can share for today. Let us hope that continues for a while.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: