Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Rims and Jerseys this Year

Greetings Readers

Update - A month later.

So, if any of you faithful readers have been reading you may have figured out it has been over a month since I have gotten my new wheels from HED.

Life for me has been great. Well, better than great – spectacular. All eyes are upon me while riding in my “hood.” One might say that I have the southeast side gang at my back. Though, the gang would be young teens. Ha ha.

Now, I have been riding the rims for the better part of 95 percent of the time while out biking to work, the store, wherever, etc.

Well, it did not dawn on me until about a week or two ago. I had to go to the grocery store for some groceries and this time I had to go right after work. I went straight home before going to the store.

First of all, I had to empty out my biking bag, which contains my work clothes, sometimes lunch Tupperware and misc. things that are too valuable to bring to the grocery store. I also had to change bikes since there was no way that I was going to ride my bike with the HED. rims to the grocery store. Yes, I think it would be pretty cool to see my bike locked up outside the grocery store, but that is also asking for someone to perhaps thinking that they might want to “take” my HED. rims and/or bike while I was inside shopping.

So, just to be safe I have been taking my other bikes to the grocery store, department store, the Library and stores in general.

Anyway, I was wearing my Southpark jersey and a few people said to me various comments about my bike jersey. Of course, I was happy to hear that those people who commented on my bike jersey. Yet, all of a sudden I realized what I have not heard in the past month.

There have been no comments on any of my bike jerseys. At all. Believe me that I have been wearing my nicest bike jerseys while riding Andrea with her new HED. rims. Matter of fact, I have been making sure that I color coordinate or have a match theme on my biking wardrobe.

I have been riding here and there and getting the double takes, the dramatic head turns, the whiplash head turn, the stares, the “oh I wish I had your bike” look, and so on. Yet, what each of the people are looking at is either the rims themselves or the rims and bike together and the rider - me. I do not think that they are looking at my bike jerseys anymore.

I have spent almost ¾ of a grand on bike jerseys this year and since I have been riding Andrea with her new HED. rims I am not getting any “nice” comments on any of the bike jerseys that I am sporting. I am not mad, but I am sad. No one is looking at any of the Star Wars Bike Jerseys I have, No more Popeye comments and definitely no Southpark comments when wearing any of those jerseys.

This does not mean that I am not going to be buying any more cool bike jerseys. This was something that I noticed a week or two ago.

And no I would do anything different on either of the purchases made this year. Matter of fact, I am saving my pennies up for another set of rims from HED. This time I am going to go with the three spoke rim. And I will be saving 40 bones this time.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: