Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sticking it to No-One

Greetings Readers

I wanted to ride this morning. Meaning that I wanted to do some laps at Cherry Creek Reservoir. I got Andrea ready, I grabbed four water bottles and some Orange GU and was able to get out the door at 7:00 AM.

As I neared Cherry Creek I saw that vehicles were everywhere. Uh-oh I thought a triathlon was probably scheduled for today. Yet, I thought I remember seeing signs for the Triathlon for next week. Anyway, so much for riding in Cherry Creek with the Woman's Danskin Tri, I think. I did not know nor could care less I just knew that I was not going to ride in the State Park.

Yet, I got up this morning and was ready to do some miles on the bike today. I decided that I would casually ride down to Denver and get some pictures of my bike at various locations in Denver. That was the goal. Just some casual riding and some pictures thrown in for good measure.

As, I got onto the bike paths I could not believe how many people there were on the trails at 7:30 AM. I guess riders, walkers, roller bladers wanted to do their thang before the heat of the day crept in. I usually see a few riders here and there, but I could not believe how many people were out that early in the morning.

I decided to go slow - again. Yep, to show off those HED. rims. Alot, of people past me and I did not care one bit. I smiled at the woman, most smiled back. I listened to my tires againt the bike path. I listened to the sirens from Fire Engines, Police Cars and Ambulances. I obeyed all traffic lights and waited for the lights to turn green for me. Though, the streets were clear for blocks and I would be safe in crossing the light. But I had no real reason to run a red light. Matter of fact, I have my HED. rims to show off to the people in Downtown Denver on Sunday Morning.

I decided to go with a theme - a picture of my bike at various Denver Landmarks and known places in Denver that are not true "Landmarks"

I went to Cherry Creek Mall, Civic Center park, the Capitol, The "Cash Register" building, a church on Broadway, Federal buildings, Union Station, Confluence Park, The Colorado Convention Center and then at every opportunity I had I looked at my reflection in the many windows in Downtown Denver. I looked... er my bike looked pretty cool with those nice rims I have.

I know shallow, but in my opinion, if it makes me happy and smile then I will continue to do. After all how many of you readers will ever purchase a pair of expensive rims.

All in all, I had a nice morning ride and I was back home just before noon. I enjoyed some post ride beer and BBQ chicken and a cool abode.

Oh yes, I finally caved and turned on the A/C. It is, and soon going to be was, nice to be hot.

And as the post title says - it was a "Sticking it no one" day.

P.S. I know that I posted a lot of pictures, but I did really go everywhere downtown and to my blog readers that do not live in Colorado I am at least giving them a view of some common Landmarks in Denver itself.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: