Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ZZ Top coming to the Paramount

Greetings Readers

The ZZ Top Key chain.

The time now has been 18 years since I bought my first ZZ Top Key chain and also 18 years that I have had the same ZZ top Key Chain on my set of keys.

That is a mighty fucking long time to have the same key chain right? After all how long have you Readers had the same key chain? The only reason why I know and remember is that when I did attend my first ZZ Top concert I was going to buy that key chain. That key chain which was so predominant displayed in the eighties ZZ Top videos.

I remember that key chain being shown in the music video and looking all so fucking cool. And yes Readers that key chain is so oh fucking cool when I do show my ZZ Top key chain.

Oh, the reason I mention the ZZ Top key chain is that ZZ Top is coming to the Paramount theatre on October 31, 2008. Unfortunately, I just found out about this. And I am a bit surprised that I found out this late. I am also surprised that they are playing in such an intimate setting.

Do not get me wrong Readers, when there is an opportunity for me to go to a ZZ Top concert I will try and go to the concert. Any ZZ Top concert is a music fan lover’s dream to go and see live. ZZ Top – Billy, Dusty and Frank are something to see in concert.

They fucking rock and roll in concert. I have seen them at McNichol’s Arena (now gone) and Fiddler’s Green. To see ZZ Top at the Paramount is sort of a desire to see them in such an intimate setting. The theatre is big, but not big. Now, what is sort of playing a factor is price. With me just finding out there is only a few seats available and through the local theatre office – not ticketmaster.

I have allowed myself to spend the money to see them at the price I saw.

After all, at the Paramount I saw Billy Squier and Natalie Merchant in concert and I loved both concerts I saw.

I have take some pictures of my old concert tickets, some of the key chains I bought, one of two bandanna’s I bought from the 2003 concert tour and the flyer for the last concert at McNichol’s Arena before the Arena was demolished. And was that the concert to remember! I think there were eight different wardrobe changes, conveyors on the stage, lasers galore, and another key chain to add to my collection.

Now the question comes into play – how much do I want to see ZZ Top up close?

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: