Sunday, September 07, 2008

Qdoba girl officially has a name to her.

Greetings Readers

I finally have confirmed Qdoba’s girl name.

I went into Qdoba’s the following week to see if I would get to see my Qdoba girl.

Unfortunately, I saw the guy that usually helps me, but that also would help me get her name, I hope

We went through our usual routine while he was making my burrito.

Then, I could not wait any longer. I say

“Hey you remember my last visit and who I was talking to beside you?”

“Yeah.” he says with a smile.

“What is her name again?” I ask my friend.

“What?! You don’t know her name?!” he says to me smiling and laughing.

Just for a microsecond, but it seems to me that this played out for a ten seconds or so. I knew I had to respond with the correct answer, but I did not know how to answer his question – and quickly.

One – I either answer honestly that I do not know her name.

Two – I answer of course I knew her name, but I just forgot with it being almost three years since last seeing her.

Three – I say the name that I got from the other girl that used to work with her when I last inquired about her where I saw her last.

Those three options, I think, were the most important options that would either make or break my chances with Qdoba girl. Meanwhile, even with those options that were popping up in my head I was looking at my friend with a smile also.

I spoke

“Of course I know her name – her name is Debbie,” I say confidently.

“Ah my friend, you were kidding right.” He responds immediately.

Thank fucking goodness I re-read my blog otherwise I would have not even remembered the name that was given to me by her co-worker. Thank fucking goodness I blogged about that past incident or I think I could have been up shit creek without a paddle.

Now, I can solidly say that my Qdoba girl’s name is Debbie.

Oh one more thing, my friend came out from behind the dinner and told me that Debbie likes/loves horses. How in the heck am I going to use that information? I know I could later since our family has horses, but if and when I get to know her any sort of weekend trip (to our family’s Ranch) would be way too early in the relationship. Though should our relationship develop and I can get connected with Debbie then that option would be available down the road.

Oh yeah.

And ever since I ran into Debbie two weeks ago, I have cleaned my humble abode – from top to bottom. I have vacuum almost every day and boy oh boy don’t you just love those nice vacuum lines on the carpet? I have Pine-Sol all surfaces that I could. I have scrubbed and cleaned the bathroom. Clorox the tub and shower, wiped the mirror clean and even changed the shower liner. I have cleaned the oven and stove tops. All my clothes are washed. A spare toothbrush has been conveniently placed in the bathroom cabinet.

And yes Readers, I got rid of the entire woman “stuff” that belongs to Jaci. I know that some women are curious about men when first meeting them so I had to get rid of the tampons under the sink, the pink razor she has here, all her clothing (there lack of) that she “supposedly” left behind. Oh sure, I know that Jaci would never accidentally leave anything behind. And it seems that we go through this routine every year. I never know how much stuff Jaci leaves at my place until I gather up all her stuff. And no Readers I do not leave anything at her place – matter of fact, I hardly stay at her place when I am visiting Jaci.

Now, I am not assuming that Debbie would be coming over, but should there be the opportunity I want to make sure that my place looks good, matter of fact, better than good. The place has to look great and clean.

I also have the fridge stocked with drinks. Food is good since I always have food. I think some of you Readers know that there is a good population of bachelors that have an empty refrigerator. Not this guy.

Anyway, I have not been this anxious in a while and I actually am hoping for the best for me. I do not want to lose her again, in a manner of speaking.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: