Tuesday, September 02, 2008

No More Colorado Athletic Club

Greetings Readers

I am no longer a member of the CAC. Colorado Athletic Club. I had a great (paid in full) year membership and now I am just a "regular Joe" as of 09/01/08. There was no counter-offer or offer to re-new, in a manner of speaking. I really liked the high end club. And should I get an offer, a good offer, to rejoin then I most likely will. I can not see myself joining 24hour fitness, even though it is $ 1,000.00 dollars cheaper. I just can not.

After all I like people cleaning up after me when I did not have to. I like the towels that were available for use. I liked the smooth clean equipment. I liked the saline swimming pool. I liked the respect. I liked the Flat screen TVs. I liked the hot people there-specifically the women. I liked the dry heat room, the big whirlpool. I like the get togethers once a month.

I am just a "regular Joe" now and I feel so like the everyday people that I can not say that I belong to the CAC as opposed to the common 24 hour fitness center. I think I am just one of you common people now. I feel like that Indian that was in that commerical decades ago about how there is a tear going down his cheek as he sees trash on the side of the road littering America.

Oh, I just checked the 24 hours of Boulder and it is October 18 & 19, 2008 so that is going to me my next goal. Starting now. Here is the link in case any there are any new readers that have started reading after my last year's blogs about the event - http://www.geminiadventures.com/24Hrs_of_Boulder.htm.

I am going to make the commitment to do the event - rain or shine. However, if there is going to be snow forecast for those days then most likely not. With me starting to train for the 24 hours of Boulder then I am not going to be able show off my HED. rims anymore since I will be running to and from work.

The blog picture is the picture of my membership card for the past year to the CAC.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

Joshua Barker said...

You should join The Denver Athletic Club. They have great tri and cycling training facilities and trainers.