Friday, October 03, 2008

I Finally Got Carded

Greetings Readers

We all are in the same bucket – We all are feeling the effects of the economy and the rising prices that have been passed onto us grocery shoppers.

My Coca-Cola has gone up in price as well as the price of Rice (Uncle Ben’s) and Chicken that I buy on a regular basis. There are others things as well that have gone up in price, but you Readers get the general idea. Food has gone up in the past year.

However, there is something that I have noticed that has gone down in the past two years. That is my bottle of Single Barrel – Jack Daniels. Two years ago I paid anywhere from $ 52.00 dollars all the way up to $ 60.00 dollars a bottle. And matter of fact I still have my very first bottle of Single Barrel – Jack Daniels bottle from 05/17/06 with only a few ounces ever drank from that one bottle.

Well, my friend and me decided that a “field trip” was in order since we have not had a field trip to the liquor store in a long while. Also, I owed him a bottle of Crown Royal and I needed another bottle of Single Barrel – Jack Daniels myself.

We decided to head to Lukas Liquors this time around. And that was where I bought two bottles of Single Barrel – Jack Daniels. I could not believe the price that I got each bottle for. $ 32.99 for a bottle of Single Barrel – Jack Daniels. I was in awe. And what was even more interesting was that the two bottles were bottled one day before my birthday and on my mom’s birthday. I sort of wished that my Mother drank Whiskey since this would have been a gift to give to my Mother since it was bottled on her birthday.

Anyway, the price was too good to pass up. Quality Liquor for a very good price. Perhaps with everyone watching what they are buying/spending these days the higher end alcohol is not moving (not being bought) – hence that is why these two bottles of Single Barrel – Jack Daniels sat on the shelf for almost 22 months before I came alone.

I do not know, but it was a too good a deal to pass up so I got both bottles and now it is nice to know that I have a supply of quality Jack Daniels. And this time around I was able to mix this Quality of Jack Daniels with Coca-Cola and Damn that was one of the best Jack and Coke I have ever had in my lifetime.

Smooth when mixed, smooth when neat and super smooth straight.

P.S. Today was the first time in 10 months that I got carded for buying alcohol since my birthday.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: