Friday, September 05, 2008

That is a Limousine, mon.

Greetings Readers

You have to imagine a bus driver with a heavy Jamaican accent or some Caribbean island accent.

“Hey, what you riding the bus for mon?” he proudly smiles at me after saying this. Then, before I can answer.

“You got a bike that is a Limousine mon” He smiles even more than I thought that was possible.

I could not help smiling back to him. I laughed when I sat down and thought to myself this was another comment that I had to share with my friend and you Readers.

The bus driver was obviously talking about Andrea and my HED. rims that were on her. I knew that I had bike that would be compared to a Ferrari, but a Limousine was just as good as a Ferrari.

Oh Readers I was running behind since I was trying to catch up on the US Open matches that I have recorded and the next thing I knew that I was starting to run late and the RTD was the only option to get to work quickly.

Anyway, that one comment made my day on Friday and I was glad to have the bus driver comment on my bike. I knew I too made his day by making him smile and laugh at me when I knew I should be riding that Limousine to work as opposed to riding RTD.

On a side note I have made the decision to train for the 24 hours of Boulder next month by starting on Monday by running to work. I will run four days and then bike one day of the workweek. Now, this is tentative and subject to change in case I need to bike somewhere and running to and from work is not an option I can do. I am excited for Monday to come, but I am also dreading since it has been more than a few months since the last time I was running regularly. I have no clue how my body is going to react to 10 miles running in one day broken up over 9 hours. My concerns are – how bad am I going to hurt after my first day of running? Am I in some sort of shape due to my extra biking these past months? Or am I really out of shape? I just do not have a clue.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: