Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Friend's New Mountain Bike

Greetings Readers

Well, today after a month that my friend got her bike we both were about to go out for an hour ride at lunch.

The hardest part was trying to decide where we should ride.

Meaning, I can ride anywhere and feel comfortable about riding. Whether there are hills, flats, traffic, roads, no sidewalks, bike paths, some hard dirt bike paths, etc. Yet, we had to make sure that Bobby Rae could ride where ever we pick.

With that the day arrived and she brought in he $ 2,100.00 (on sale) mountain bike. Oh yes, it is a pretty bike and built specifically for a woman's frame. In my opinion, it appears to be a very nice bike and the color scheme is not too bad. I like the shocks, the disc brakes, the style, but alas it is not a road bike so I probably can not really appreciate the expensiveness of the bike. I just do not know.

Well, Bobbie Rae then decided that she needed some filters for her cats water fountain so with that in mind we decided to head down to the local Petmart's store. The store was roughly 2.52 miles away and conveniently almost all downhill. Oh boy did she ever get lucky. On our way down to Petmarts I say to her

"Remember we are going to be climbing up this bad boy on our return trip."

She said something to the effect, "I know"

She runs into Petmart and then I take the picture that is posted of both bikes in the picture.

By the way, I had a hard time deciding what bike I was going to bring for our first ride together. With her expensive bike I thought about bringing Rebecca since she is the most expensive bike (frame wise) that I own. Then, I decided that perhaps I should bring Andrea with the HED. rims so at least my bike (all components) will be more expensive than her bike is. Not to mention Andrea is eye-candy.

We headed back in our return direction when we get to a well travelled bike path and Bobbie Rae asks me is this goes to the same place we need to get to. I tell her yes, but in a round about way. I also mentioned that it is longer, but probably an easier climb. She immediately responds - let's do it! or something close to that.

Towards the end of our bike journey I decided to sprint up a hill (well small incline, but I wanted Bobbie Rae to think it was a hill to her) so I could take a front view picture of her on the bike .

I got to the top, turned around and then snapped off a couple of shots. Unfortunately, with the sunlight at my back and glaring onto the LCD screen I could not actually see the picture being taken. I held the camera in the direction, held the button partially down so the camera can auto-focus and then shot a couple pictures.

We arrived at our starting place and that was the end of the journey - about 5.85 miles roundtrip.

And the last picture was a surprise since I had no clue that Bobbie Rae did that, but I guess I should not have expected anything less from her. At least I got a smile from me and our friends =)

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: