Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Americanos Bus and Mini-Vacation

Greetings readers

So, I returned from a little mini-vacation that I whisked myself away to New Mexico for a three break from the world. It has not been that long, but long enough that I needed some down time and some time away from Denver, the world and everyone else.

With that I decided to take Monday off in the middle of the month. Which, in my view, is good time for everyone around me.

I took the bus down and pictured today is the bus station that I catch Greyhound… well actually these days it is the Americanos bus to and from Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I try to catch the later buses since that leaves me time to catch some sleep while on the bus. Also, that makes arrival time in Albuquerque early morning as opposed to late at night or evening. In addition, the bus is almost empty.

Though, there is another reason why I like the Americanos bus – the bus goes straight down I-25 to Mexico. No side stops or stops in general. Basically, there are only two stops between Denver and Albuquerque and vice versa. That’s it Readers! That is why love Americanos.

Greyhound stops everywhere between Albuquerque and Denver, not to mention taking the “beaten path.” So here are the places that greyhound stops at – Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Walsenburg, Alamosa, Taos, Raton, Las Vegas, Santa Fe, Trinidad, Espanola and occasionally smaller little towns. As you can see from the list of the towns/cities mentioned there are a lot of stops. The Greyhound bus takes about ten to eleven hours to complete the trip, which is fine to some, but for me that is too long.

Wait! – Readers – I am going to give you some advice that you better take to heart when boarding an Americanos bus. Do not forgot to bring some toilet paper with you. I do not have a clue why, but on every Americanos bus I have taken there is no fucking toilet paper. I do not have clue why nor have I asked. I found out after the first time and made sure that I never, ever forget to bring toilet paper.

Oh no readers, I did not get caught taking a shit, but thank goodness I had left over napkins from a meal I had before getting on the Americanos bus. So, I was not caught without something to wipe my butt. Ha ha.

Oh another thing – if you are not partial to Spanish or even seeing a show in Spanish then do not board an Americanos bus. The TV’s in the bus most of the time play a movie dubbed in Spanish. Every now and then there are sub-titles on the bottom of the TV in English. Other times there are not – so if you do not understand Spanish then you are fucked. Oh yes, I am fucked every time that there is Spanish coming from the TV and there are no sub-titles.

As my old boss would say ‘Sucks to be you!”

And, in my personal opinion, I think the Americanos bus is basically non-stop is because the immigrant and illegals are going to and from Mexico as quickly as possible. Which works out for me since I want the least amount of stops.


And in then next couple of days I will recap some of the "fun" I had and an update to some of the animals on our ranch.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: