Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sticking It to L.A.

Greetings Readers

Yeah, that’s right. I am currently sticking it to Mr. L.A. Since the DNC that was in Denver, Colorado I bought a bracelet that reads and supports Obama in 08.

Though, that is not the reason why I bought the bracelet. The number one reason was that I got a deal on multiple bracelets and number two was that I wanted to remember the DNC that was in Denver, Colorado in 2008.

However, a few days later, Sunday to be specific, I saw my Obama bracelet lying on the dining room table and I thought to myself I spent two dollars on that bracelet, but I am unable to wear that bracelet. Foremost, I am not a democrat so I had no reason to wear that bracelet. Yet, I wanted to wear that bracelet I spent money to own.

Well, after some thinking I thought this was the chance to stick it to Mr. L.A. in my view. I have never, never, ever, never, ever, ever, wore or purchased a Livestrong bracelet. I am a firm believer that I do not need to wear a Livestrong bracelet to how support my awareness of Cancer.

In my view, I have contributed more than one dollar that the Livestrong bracelet signifies. I do not need a yellow bracelet to show that I support Mr. L.A. and "his" personal cause.

Side note: Readers, I have contributed more money than the normal person would to to certain causes. I believe in ADA, MS, Komen – Cure for Cancer, Food for the Homeless, and small charities that are not nationally known. Since I pay for my own way into all events that support causes, I can say for a fact that I have paid for all contributions to many causes for the past 12 years. I do not ask my friends or non-friends to contribute on my behalf to a cause.

I hate giving a choice to my friends on whether or not they want to contribute to a cause. I do not want to put any burden on my friends or non-friends on whether or not they want to contribute or not to whatever cause is mentioned. Hence, that is why I do not ask for donations from people


It is kinda weird for me wearing a rubber bracelet, but in my mind I am sticking to L.A.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: