Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I hurt, but not as much as I thought

Greetings Readers

The running for the second day straight was not too bad, but Damn I hurt on the outer side of my thighs. And then my back is a bit sore (because of the backpack I am wearing to and from work). In turn, my shoulders ache a bit too. Yet, overall I am feeling good about myself and I feel in good shape considering I have not been running since early spring.

I did take an early morning picture of a heavy mist/fog over the area I sometimes bike by in the mornings going to work. Yet, when I run to work then I go by this area all the time. More easier on the feet since I am running on a dirt path as opposed to concrete and asphalt.

So the results are as follows

Day 1 - To Work 5.68 Miles - 1:05:19 time
Day 1 - To Home 5.68 Miles - 1:03:41 time

Day 2 - To Work 5.68 Miles - 1:11:21 time
Day 2 - To Home 5.68 Miles - 1:06:01 time

The second day was expected since I just started running again. Otherwise, I am okay with the initial results. And it is taking longer to run to work since I am basically running uphill all the way. And I am running downhill going home since the time is shorter.

Here is another picture of the morning that normally that I would not see since I am usually riding fast on my bike. I have time to look around at the scenery I normally do not have time to look at.


On the flip side I feel like I am obligated to say "Hi" "Good morning" wave or nod my head in acknowledgement to all those other walkers, dog walkers, runners, bikers and coffee walkers. I just do want to answer anyone, which I am not.

Though, if there was a woman who I thought was Hot - then by all means I am going to say, as my old ex-co-worker would say an awesome "good morning" to her.


Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: