Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bobbie Rae's Second Bike Ride

Greetings Readers

Well, Bobbie Rae and me had our second bike ride ever since she got her new Mountain bike.

I have to say that I am getting excited. I love to encourage my friends to bike ride with me, even though I am so way ahead of them. I have to re-assure them that it is no problem that I have to come down a few gears in order to bike ride with them.

I tell them it is not a problem. If my friend(s) is looking for a reason to bike ride then I am there for them. I have no problem helping out someone to get his or her bike riding in.

Yes, I know that I am going a lot slower and that I would have to be considerate of who ever is riding with me. Yet, I have to admit I like slowing down and talking to any of my friends that are learning to bike ride. I want to make sure that he/she likes to bike and that they are enjoying bike riding with me.

I often play the “I can’t keep up” card with my fellow bike rider. They know I am joking, but I think in their mind they are showing up a seasoned bike rider. I have no problem with my friend’s thought on that. I can be humbled. I can take one for the team. I can make my friends feel good about themselves by “showing up” me on a bike.

Back to the story, Bobbie Rae decided that we should go over to a park that has a bike trail system. I agreed since I had no clue of the bike trail system and as long as Bobbie Rae thought this was an idea I was all for it.

Bobbie Rae drove over us to the park and then we headed out on the trail system. It was an out and back route. Going out we had to bike uphill and then on the way back we were going downhill with a slight detour in the neighborhood community.

Bobbie Rae looked great and I also commented on how “tight” her calves were looking.

This time I only took one picture of her. And that is Bobbie Rae in all her glory riding on her new Mountain bike. This time around we rode 4.20 miles. I think that she got a workout.

And I as told her I have no problem with her asking me if I want to go for a bike ride. After all, I like to remember that I was her once, yet I had no one to ride with on my early introduction to bike riding. And with my years of experience I want to make sure that she gets introduced to biking “nicely”

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: