Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First Blog Post of 2008


Greetings Readers

A lot of things have come to pass in the past week. I spent Christmas on the road and then my Christmas was in Denny's in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Nothing fancy mind you, but that was my Christmas. Was it great? Hell yes. Something to tell you readers about? Not really, other than having breakfast as the only family in Denny's at 6:10 AM in the morning. Sitting around the table overlooking Albuquerque and we were the only people in the restaurant. That is Christmas for us, or me. No gifts, but just being together as a nuclear family and not just with relatives.

Now, as of 7:45 AM this morning I am back in Denver, Colorado and I think I am glad to be back. It has been a tough week with me being sick and getting well.

Not to mention that in New Mexico - it was fucking icy, cold. I guess it did not help that I was sick, which of course makes everything seem colder. I do not think that the temperature ever got over 35 degrees. There were alot of single digit temperatures (along with the wind chill) and as you can tell from my picture on my blog here is some of the ice that we had to break for the livestock in the water trough.

And yes, that is over one day/night.

Readers - I caught up with some of your blogs when I was on my lunch break. Great to see that I was not the only one sick, or travelling. =) I do not know any of you except by casual comments, but that does give me the right to say "I hope the holiday's were what you wanted/expected to some degree."

And now, I am going to finish the day, go home (finally) and just sit down. I will load a couple of notes (entries) I made while on vacation. Not much, but enough to post an entry.

Welcome to 2008 and I hope my blogging continues to be just as strong as last year.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: