Monday, January 28, 2008

31 Days & Getting Carded


Greetings Readers

I am happy to say that I got to bed at a decent & sane hour as opposed to the what-the-fuck am I sleeping & waking on this schedule. The Australian Open always does this to me.

Alright, I saw the commercial for TCM. Turner Classic Movies and the 31 days of Oscar. I am am getting so excited. This is my favorite time of the year since I/we get to the see the best films that have been given the Oscar. Some movies I still have not seen yet. But last year I was able to see some films that I have always wanted to see and never have. Like Ben Hur. I have seen that movie in parts, but last year I made myself sit and watch that movie from beginning to end. That was an award winner - period.

And I have some sad news. I have not got carded since my birthday earlier this month. To me - that is pretty sad. I am so use to getting carded, but now I have been on a bit of a dry streak. I mean it is practically a given that I would get carded in some club, bar, liquor store or event. Nope. Nada. Does that mean I have hit that magical age and I am now old? I just do not know. I am now waiting for when I get carded. I am actually trying to make myself look young. You know. Dress like a college guy. Got the hair gel working in the hair. Putting on the cologne. Shaving. Putting on some bling-bling. But nothing. I really want to be carded. I want to feel like I am young. I think I know. I better find myself a younger woman. Yeah.. that's the ticket. Wiht a young woman at my side that will make someone card me.

Alright I have a cycling topic for you readers. Water Bottles.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: