Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Australian Open 2008 - Day 13


Greetings Readers

Well, I have lost the first bet. Yes - Sharapova beat Ivanovic. Not bad of play, but yes I really knew that this was going to happen. Okay, now with that out of the way. The play last night was okay. Maria and Ana did put on a good match. There were some okay play and the final score is 7-5, 6-3.

Trying to think about this champions match last night and what I was going to write about... well I can not really write much about it. Simple, quick, a few errors by Ana less so for Maria and that was the Finals Women Match.

Yet, what I did not know was that the Australians have a found a replacement for "Aussie Kim". Oops, former "Aussie Kim" aka Kim Cjlisters. When I heard that the Aussies were now calling Ana Ivanovic "Aussie Ana" I got a lump in my throat. The Australians have adopted Ana. She deserves the "Aussie" title more than you think. That is Ana pictured when she started to cry, tear up while speaking to the crowd and the world. She is on her way be an "Aussie Kim" in the making.

And the Australians just do not pick anyone to be an "Aussie". There is more to why, but I will leave that to you readers to find out should you want to know. Way to go "Aussie Ana".

I had the same lump in my throat when Ana was talking about her post match and etc when accepting her second place trophy on stage. It hurts to lose and even more so on a big stage. Yet, Ana gave what she could and did not disappoint me in my eyes.

I am going to go... One more match.

I am going to the National Western Stock show today and I got to get going.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: