Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Trying a quick update readers


Greetings Readers

Tis the second day that I am getting re-integrated into society once more.

Nothing much has really changed, but coming home to an abode that I had left in disarray is something that I did not want to deal with. So, tonight I will have to at least make an attempt of getting some furniture reorganized so my living and bedroom has some sort of furniture in place. Though, I have been thinking of rearranging my furniture so I do not go back in to the same rut. Change in this instance would be good.

Well, on the way back Monday night from New Mexico we had to listen to the Monday night Football game on the radio. I guess it was interesting, but not as interesting as the game was probably on TV. Needless to say, the Dallas Cowboy's did win with seconds left on the clock. How the Cowboys won - how in the fuck I know. Nor do I know how in the fuck did the Cowboys win in the first place. Holy Fucking Shit did Dallas worry me about bragging and strutting in the office Tuesday. I also was able to say "Oh the Broncos lost" Woo Hoo!

This past weekend the Albuquerque Balloon Festival started and for the second time in two years I was able to attend opening weekend. As like last year, I was able to see the lift off of the balloons from roughly 25 elementary schools over the Albuquerque area. What was new this year was a special shaped balloon from Belgium. Drum Roll please.... The Darth Vader Hot Air Balloon. Yes, I have to admit I was impressed, but not really impressed impressed. I am an avid fan, but not enough to get that excited about. Yet, I am glad to see that I was able to see the Darth Vader Balloon. The "Bees" did get up in the air on Sunday, but were unable "to kiss" in the air, but it was nice to see them aloft.

I did do something nice this past weekend. As almost usual. There was a "homeless" looking person outside Wendy's who wanted some money for coffee. I obviously said "sorry" as is my usual custom with being asked for money from a homeless person. Then, the man said "Well, okay then I guess I will have to drink alcohol tonight then." Like this line is going to work on me. Or make me feel sorry for the man. Not going to happen to this guy. Instead, since he wanted coffee I decided to buy him a coffee. yes, I do have a "kind" heart. As I have stated numerous times - I do have to stick up for the "little people."

More to come...

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: