Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Beatdown! This Time Denver


Greetings Readers

As the posts states - There was another beat down from the Boston Red Sox and this time the location was in Denver, Colorado. 10-5, with a supposed rally. I supposed since the news people are trying to make the story have a silver lining. Ain't that a bitch! Too bad. Leave it to the any of the Colorado teams to set records that should not be set in the first place. I would hate to remember for some "awful" records in a major event. My silver lining is that I am one game away from winning a bet. Woo hoo as Homer Simpson would say.

I saw two TV commercials that I want to mention that I saw in the past twenty four hours.

The first shows the close up face shot of people crying, then the scene switches to a far away shot and then you see various images that have invoked the crying - The Deli, A guy in a track suit, model train set in a store window and my favorite - "Those God Damn Ducks" I have to admit I also want to cry. I miss "them" too.

The other commercial is a ESPN sportcenter promo. The commercial shows a football player going through a metal detector and then taking off various items of jewelery. A chain, A ring, etc. So, here is what gets to me.

Okay, the football player goes through the metal detector and set off the alarm. He takes off an item and gives to a man. Then, the football player walks back through the metal detector - and mind you - does not set off the metal detector. The football player then turns around and then steps through the metal detector once more and sets off the metal detector alarm. Get the Fuck out of here! Is this a one way metal detector? Get the Fuck out of here! So, the football player takes off his chain and then steps back through the metal detector and again does not set off the alarm. The football player turns around and then steps through the metal detector once more and sets off the alarm. Get the Fuck out of here! Then, the football player give the man a ring.

You get the drift. I know the commercial is suppose to be funny, but it is not. The commercial is not funny and once I saw this inconsistency I can not unsee the fact that the commercial "breaks" the metal detector rules. Now, it is just stupid.

Readers - the first commercial - "them" is "The Sopranos". After I saw the first reference for the first time I automatically knew that the commercial was about the Soprano's. I still love watching the family on A&E.

Update 10/29/07 - This picture is of four Ginny(s). Sorry readers, I do not know if I am spelling that correctly. My parents have two Ginny's and for the past five years it was just two Ginny's. Matter of fact, I thought nothing more of it. Well, when I went on vacation a few weeks ago I was surprised to learn that we have four new baby Ginny's. Four. Go figure. The Baby Ginny's love, absolutely love, lettuce.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: