Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Fall Rocky Mountain Sunset


Greetings Readers

Today's picture is after the sun has set and this is the part of the day that I enjoy the most. This evening was more than pleasant. Most of the snow from Sunday has melted or evaporated away. There is a nice very light wind blowing slightly. As I have mentioned before there is that "inch" of orange, then dark blue and black towards the heavens. I know that this picture can only show this part of the Rocky Mountains, but seeing this entire orange over the horizon is quite exquisite.

This picture was taken near one of the light rail stations. The silhouette mountains are the Rocky Mountains and obviously you can not tell from this picture that the mountains tops are almost completely covered in snow. The foothills still need a lot snow, but the higher mountains that you can see from Denver are covered with snow. Yet, 10 days ago those Rocky Mountain peaks were void of snow. Period.

I think, there are only two ski slopes open now, but I could be wrong.

Today, I took one of my co-workers to the CAC for lunch. Let me tell you I did a power lunch workout in 45 minutes. Damn. Of course, she enjoyed my club and wished we could stay longer. We did not get to go to the pool, but next time. I hope she had a nice time.

Oh, I almost forgot, I ran into the "Orange Eskimo" this morning. I saw her from afar. She is looking good. I asked about the daughter, the Husband. I then asked if both are still talking with the Jamaican accent. Hah hah. I just love the way that she and her husband talk. It is probably not the true Jamaica Accent anymore since they have been living among us Coloradans, but then again what do I know.

Today is also the 200th Post of 2007. I have thought about the 200th post for a bit in the past two days, but did not come up with something definite. I will think more about it tonight and I should have something for tomorrow.

I received another shipment from Amazon.com that I ordered a while back. I received the CD Twitch by Ministry. I do have the cassette tape in my library, but I did not have this on CD. This particular album was first discovered by me when I hitched a ride from Durango, CO to Denver CO back in 1989 or 1990. I needed a ride "home" from Paris on the Platte, since I dumped my ride in Denver. Well, when I squeezed into the car with my old high school friends went to school with this particular music started playing in the car deck. I was astounded. I had never heard music like this and I wanted to know who was the artist, what sort of music this was and more importantly I secretly wanted this album as soon as I could buy one.

The music is sort of true today, but as time past the music has changed a bit. Yet, whenever I hear a song by Ministry I can tell you right away when it is Ministry. I like a recent song they did for the movie - A.I. by Steven Speilberg.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: