Monday, October 29, 2007

A "Sweep" of the Rockies


Greetings Readers

A sweep. A sweep! The Rockies lost the World Series in four straight games. Yes, it is too bad, but I am sure glad it is over. Or so I had thought. The Local News casts still had 10 to 15 minutes of more Rockies this and that.

Yet, the good thing that came out of the Rockies losing is that.

1. I won my bet.

2. No more irrelevant news about the Rockies

I will mention this readers. As I was channel surfing this morning I kept hearing the Rockies had a fabulous season. Excuse me? The Rockies had a great run at the end of the season, but by no means did anyone pay attention to the Rockies before going on the late season winning streak. As you have read - I am a betting man and I bet that most of the Coloradans never gave a second thought to the Rockies even making the playoffs. The Rockies had some ugly losing streaks and those streaks were present throughout the season. So, when the news cast people say they had an excellent season - it's a lie. They sucked.

The Rockies "great fortune" counted when it mattered. Would I say it was luck? I do not know. I do not follow the Rockies and I only went to one game this season and that was when the Rockies were playing against the Pirates and the Pirates won that day. Oh yes, Coors Field was empty like it has been for the past 10 years. Granted, the game was during the week, but this sort of sight was evident throughout the season.

Today's picture is of the Sunrise, just about 10 minutes after the sun rose over the horizon. The horizon was orange and a bit of red. I think that is due to some of the smoke from the fires in California. The reason I took this particular picture is that there was many gooses that had just flew over me and this was picture taking shot. You can see about four formations of ducks, but I think there were eight formations. You can see about three formations to the left of the rising sun and one formation to the right of the sun.

I would like to say the picture was inspired by "Those God-Damn Ducks"

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: