Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Snow of the Season in Denver


Greetings People

Today, I have posted a picture of me after going to the store this morning. This is near an area where there is an open area, a dam, a park. My fingerless glove, my Natalie Merchant Stocking cap, my skintight full lycro bike pants, cheap sunglasses, ZZ Top Bandanna and bike bag.

Every Sunday morning I have a ritual that I do when I get up. I must be out the door before 8:00 AM in order to ride to the local restaurant that is sort of nearby and pick up the paper from the vending machine out in front of the restaurant.

Some days I am out the door at 6:00 AM other times I am out the door later.

Yet, this morning I was bit late waking up since I was loading up my brand new Black Ipod late last night, early this morning. Yes! You heard right readers I got a brand new Black Ipod on Friday. 30GB and this time it is BLACK! And thankfully not another Pink Ipod. I picked up/bought the Black Ipod through the work classified Ads. The Black Ipod had never been used and he was looking to unload the Black Ipod for a reasonable amount.

A Black Ipod. Oh yes. The Black Ipod is very cool and I have been trying to load up the Black Ipod, but I got busy Friday night and basically all day Saturday. Then, this morning I was a bit lazy and took a late morning nap. Mainly, I was a bit cold and I curled up into two comforters on the sofa and turned off the TV, but left the stereo on so I could hear the TV. I think I took a hour and a half nap, but does it matter? Nope. I was nestled in my warm cocoon on the couch with the view of the snow blowing from North to South outside my balcony window.

30 GB! This is nothing compared to my Pink 4GB Ipod. Nothing. The 30 GB Black Ipod is like an artist's blank canvas. The possibilities are almost unless - well right now. Yet, I am already up to 2 GB in the past two days. And yes that is not even a quarter of the way. I now have to look for some kind of protector for the Black Ipod in order to protect my new baby.

With the new Black Ipod I decided to stay in last night so I could load up my new Black Ipod. Yet, again I got sidetracked once more. When I made the decision to stay in I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things in order to keep me busy.

I made a decision that on Sunday I was going to have beans all day. The main reason was that the weather forecasters were predicting cold weather and snow at a certain elevation. Needless to say, the snow is in Denver and Centennial once more.

I was going to have Pinto beans for breakfast Sunday morning since I wanted to start them in the crock pot and then Sunday evening I am going to have Chili. After I have my breakfast of Pinto Beans I am going to change the Pinto beans into Chili and that will be Sunday evening meal. Readers, when I typed "going to change" that means I will add stuff in order to make the beans to become chili. I can not magically change beans into Chili. Hah hah. I know that some of you readers will say something like - wow he might be Harry Potter's long lost brother.

I got the stuff (a new Spice and some ground Pork) for the Pinto Beans and then decided to make some salad while getting the beans ready. The green leaf lettuce was about 1. 29 each and I picked up two heads, some mushrooms, package of sprouts, a bunch of radishes (pretty dirty), a bunch of green onions (sorry looking green onions), and a cucumber.

As I was going here and there in the Produce part of the store I saw the Tomatoes. Tomatoes. Hmm. Yep. You guessed it readers. I thought of something else that I could make while doing the Pinto Beans and Salad.

Who knew that I could multi task at home. In the few minutes I was in the Produce area I had an outline on what I am going to do and how to do it.

I grabbed a bag of Tomatoes (I think, tomatoes on a Vine) and then I grabbed a shallot, a bunch of cilantro, a whole garlic, and a white onion.

Let me digress for a moment. Those grocery cashiers probably hate me when I go through their check out line. I usually have about 5 to 20 plastic bags with various items from the Produce department. I think about every time I go into the store I always come out from the Produce area with something I want/need.

I know that the Grocery cash register people that do not know me probably do not care for me doing this. Yet readers! Make sure that you watch the screen and what is being charged. That is where all the fuck ups happen to me. I get charged for Snow Peas when I should have been charged for Broccoli. There is a big difference most of the time. Snow Peas can be 4.99 a pound while Broccoli could be 1.49 a pound. And Broccoli weight more than Snow Peas so you can see how you could be overcharged in error.

Never-the-less I still watch the grocery cashiers I know because they still do make mistakes. I am a penny pincher, but if there is big difference then yes I will make myself heard.

Readers, just watch out when you have alot of Produce that has to be weighed and the cashier has to manually look up the numbers on the wheel/book at their register. They have fast/fat fingers and they do have the tendency to type an incorrect number. One more thing - make sure that they are not charging you for organic if you did not pick up organic vegetables.

Now, back to the story. I went from the Grocery list of Pinto Beans, Salad and Salsa and decided to head out of the Produce section and go get some sourdough bread for my Pinto Bean Breakfast on Sunday. Yummy.

Then, I saw the bag. It was red. It was on the corner end of the aisle. It was on sale. It is something that I like every once in a great while. I swear, I could smell the aroma from the sealed bag. I could literally feel the food between my thumb and forefinger. And the taste. Oh boy. (Sigh) Doritos. Yes Doritos. I am not sure how the desire came, but the craving was unavoidable. And what made it worse was that I was already planning when I could eat the Doritos while making/cooking Saturday night. Note: This is a desire for me, but not very high on the list for me, but this morning I saw the Doritos and I could not resist.

I caved in to my desire and bought one bag of Doritos (I think the price was 2 for $ 5.00). When I got home the bag of Doritos sat on the kitchen counter while I was getting the kitchen ready for me to cook like an Iron Chef. Before I started - I put in the DVD of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and off I went to cook.

Now - Sunday. Yes, I had my Pinto Beans with Sourdough bread this morning and I did change to Chili so I will have that probably during the Baseball Game or the Steeler's vs. Broncos game. I have two containers of salad. And the salsa I made last night had time to set and yummy oh yummy when I had a taste this morning with the bag of tortilla chips I bought this morning.

All in all this is a good weekend.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

Suzie said...

too funny, I made turkey chili on Sat..had some Sun for breakfast after my ride!