Saturday, September 01, 2007

Fall has made a showing - September begins


Greetings Readers

I was reading a blog that was posted just recently and in a nutshell this person describes the trip to the Post Office and an undelivered package. As most of you readers know most bloggers have a link to leave a comment on the author's blog post. So one blogger did and the person who left a comment did not leave a "favorable" comment, in the eyes of the blogger's author.

You know I am in the same boat as that blogger who did not leave a "favorable comment" on the author's blog. Yes, it is too bad that the author had to stand in line, excuse me lines, at the Post Office. The author works 40 hours a week, goes to church, does not get home until after midnight, etc. So what.

I enjoyed reading the blogger's article on the adventure of the the package's history and Post offices trips and and yes I could relate and I did smile, but by no means did I give any sympathy to the author.

I enjoyed "the excuse of sleeping until 12:30!" on a Saturday. Mind you the package in question is for a significant other's birthday. Now, what would be more important? Picking up a package (the birthday present) on Saturday morning since the Post Office is either open til noon or 1 PM for your significant other or sleep in for yourself? The blogger was not going to go to the Post Office during the week - "picking up a package on the weekday was out of the question"

I am not here to condone the actions of the author or the person who left the comment on the author's blog. The comment was not hateful - it was telling the truth. The author may need to re-read about the posting the author did on the Unites States Postal Service. The author must take responsibility for getting the package itself. For example, if this package held some money I bet that the author would make every effort to pick up that package. I sure in the fuck would.

In the author's defense, I too, like to go out occasionally after my 40 hour week, but if something needs to be done on a Saturday morning and it can only be in the morning then I say sorry I can not go out tonight. Perhaps tomorrow night or next week. If you readers think life should be in your favor, you are sadly mistaken. Life is not easy nor will ever be just the way "you" want it.

The truth does hurt and actually hearing it from someone you do not know should be a wake up call on how you present yourself to other people that you do not know.

The US Open has gotten really interesting the past two days. But also the mighty have fallen - Poor Safin, Hewitt, Henman, Dementieva & Santoro. Two standout matches as of today - Blake vs Santoro. Then, the Epic battle 4 hours 44 minutes Radek Stepanek vs Novak Djokovic. Yes, I was able to see the match when I got home from work yesterday. Boo yah! That is Djokovic pictured, but does not even support the match that I heard and watched yesterday against Stepanek. What fucking rallies.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: