Sunday, September 09, 2007

US Open 2007 - Day 14


Greetings Readers

Let me begin with Justine Henin winning the Women's singles Championship at the 2007 US Open last night. I had no doubt. Yet, she did a little shaky after that fan yelled out on her serve for the match. I could not fucking believe it. If I remember correctly, she put a few double faults in after that incident. All is well though. A second time winner of the US Open. Pictured on my blog was her opponent - Svetlana Kuznetsova. Later today is the Men's Final. I want Djokovic to win, but it may be a long shot. Depending on the weather, in my opinion.

Alright, I have a something to share. I went out to work at Colorado Athletic Club (CAC) that I recently became a member of. Let me tell you, there were a few people, but the place was pretty much empty. I did cardio for about an hour. I was do cardio while watching the Federer vs. Davydenko match. I then used the machines for about another hour, then I did the sauna and the whirlpool. Wow. I loved it. There were a couple of member in there, but this time I was not a visitor - I am a member. What a feeling. That was about all I did on Saturday afternoon.

After CAC I knew I had to go to Best Buy since I had gone to Target earlier that day to get a couple of DVD sets. I managed to get the Limited Edition of "Nip/Tuck - Season 4" at Target, but the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 1 & 2" was sold out. I decided that after going to workout I would make a detour and go to Best Buy. I got to Best Buy and instead of just getting what I want - I browsed around. I looked at the DVD-recorders, the discs, some music and then the computer games. About 15 minutes later I was done, so I got what I needed and proceeded to the check out area.

When I got there I noticed there was a fairly attractive girl, in my view of course, standing in line. I noticed her eyebrows and then the rest of the face. Sorry readers, I do not know why I noticed her eyebrows, but I have to say that they did look good. Well, good enough for me to get my attention. She was standing in line with a guy, I presumed her boyfriend, and they were second in line waiting for an open register. I was a bit interested so after turning some corners and stood in line I sneaked a look at her. She had on some short and her thighs were what I noticed next. Granted, the glance was about 2 or 3 seconds, but I got enough. After the quick glance I looked everywhere else but her. But. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that she was glancing at me a couple of times. I knew that she was being very, very careful so she would not draw the attention of the guy that she was with. However, I did notice. I did not want her to notice that I noticed, so I played my looking around as just waiting for the next register to become available.

Then, the girl and the guy go to the register to the right of the line. The person in front of me waited about 10 seconds and he when to the next register to the left. That left me in front of the waiting line and I was looking for the next register to open. The guy was doing the buying meanwhile the girl was next to him. But then. She steps away from him and turns to me casually. We are about 8 feet away. We lock eyes for a second or two and then she flashed me a big o smile, then it was gone just like that. I smile pretty big right back to her, knowing what she was doing. The guy finishes up and then they were headed on out. There was nothing I could do or say at that moment so I enjoyed it for what it was. She liked the way I look. Enough said. hah hah.

I forgot to mention in the past week Fall as definitely made an appearance. I actually wore my long biking pant, my long sleeve shirt and two of the past seven days I slept with my comforter as opposed to my thin bed sheet. Yes, the mornings have gotten cool. I also noticed that the sun is shining on my north wall in the morning as opposed to the West wall. You know readers - the Earth is in the orbit that make the sun go towards the south. Yesterday and today were actually mild days.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete


No comments: