Thursday, September 06, 2007

US Open 2007 - Day 11


Greetings Readers

You Readers may be new readers or you may be seasoned readers of my blog. I do not know. I am not sure how some of you feel about me or even think about me. Do I care? Yes and No. It is a blog, therefore I am telling the Internet world about myself. I am not going to call you mean or think any less of you should you leave a comment on my blog. I have the option to delete the comment, but I never have. Also, only register people can leave comments.

There is a sub-point to me mentioning the comment thing and that is referring to the Author who got a "mean comment" on the author's blog. The Author then needed to justify the "mean comment" made by another blogger on the Author's post and make the Author's audience feel sympathy for the Author. A "woo is me" attitude. Not this guy.

I have been pretty much open to you readers. Besides giving my place of residence or where I work. I need to keep some things to myself. I do not want any retributions you may feel that I deserve from what you read or any lusty women at my doorstep. (though would be nice to meet someone new-if you're a CA Blonde type step to the front of the door) I digress.

Anyway, so there I was in Jenny's Market (pictured - it even looks like the store, my store, I visit) this morning getting my usual drink and also the drink I had to buy since I lost a bet last night (courtesy of Venus Williams).

I walk up to the counter and I see that there is a new lady at the register. Well, I would not say new, but about week or so new to me. Anyway, as you readers know I have changed to Jenny's Market due to an incident at 7-11 that has left a bad taste in my mouth. Per choice of my part. Remember readers, I am "the consumer" in the store and I do not have to so any more than I have to. Remember, you are there to help, assist the customer and more importantly getting paid to work there. Remember the motto - "the customer is almost always right" However, If I do more than I need to in the store, then that means you made an impression on me, I like you, I got a little something-something the night before or I was just being plain cordial. Who in the fuck knows. I only know when I get to the store and approach the counter.

Sure I might wake up in a bad mood, but that could soon disappear once I start riding. Or perhaps, I was in a good mood and I got into a verbal alteration while biking (yes, it is true folks ) that turns my good mood to a bad mood.

Getting back to the story. I go up to the counter and set down my items I am going to buy. I see that the totals are usually $ 1.61 or something to that nature. (i.e. $ 2.81). Well, all of the other employees (I only know 2 other employees) at Jenny's Market know me and usually say "oh I saw a penny in the parking lot." and they will usually cover the penny and I get all silver coins back. I say I guess, but there is no guessing, I have been taking advantage of the "penny" that they pitch in for me so they can give me all silver coins back. Perhaps they do not want to deal with the copper coins either. Also, they know that I am now a faithful customer so they are "chipping in the penny" so I will continue to come back to Jenny's Market. Yet, I do not know.

Anyway, the point is I was assuming that they would "chip in the penny". Well, the new lady (I am assuming that she is Hungarian descent/immigrant) is not "chipping in the penny" for me and giving me back exact change.

Hence, I am pissed off at her for not "chipping in the penny". In reality, I have no right to be getting pissed at her. I have the right not to make "small talk" to her. Of course, the may be the opening line that will make her "chip in the penny" for me. Who knows. This realization came to me after today's visit at Jenny's Market. So, perhaps if I have not already been put on her shit list then I will try to be a bit more friendly than I need to be. Otherwise, readers - Yes, I was/am being a dick about this issue.

US Open - Woo Hoo - Roddick got eliminated (but I am not really, really jumping for joy). He actually tried to keep playing and to me he did not appear to give up at all. Nor did he seem to lose his cool. Kudos on that, in my book! Oh Jelena had a chance, but was not meant to me and good for Venus to advance. However, "It's On!" for my next bet with Henin J. vs. Williams V. "It's on like Donkey Kong"

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: