Sunday, September 02, 2007

US Open 2007 - Day 6


Greetings Readers

I made myself go out and ride with Andrea for a couple of hours even though I wanted to watch some, actually all, of the US Open Tennis yesterday. My girl Hingis was eliminated as well as Sharapova. Blake won as well as Peer! Oh yeah!

Woo Hoo! Not only did Sharapova get eliminated she got her ass kicked and not kissed. Fuck all the announcers saying over and over that she only lost two sets since yesterday. I do not dispute that, but she has been playing "nobodies" and that would help her achieve the only 2 set lost so far. So, she played the 30Th rank seed in the US Open Agnieszka Radwanska. Radwanska is pictured on my blog today.

So, I decided to a couple of laps around Cherry Creek Reservoir. I had forgot that this weekend was the 2ND Annual 24 hours of Triathlon. Here is the website address, but as of this posting the link is not working www.24hoursoftriathlon.com.

As I entered the Cherry Creek Reservoir I see the big orange sign indicating that the Triathlon event was in process. I saw the course was in my way I was going to ride in the park. I rode up to a volunteer and asked if I was okay to ride or if the course was closed or was there a detour that I must take.

He indicated that the course was an open course, just be mindful of the racers. I said not a problem and even offered to go elsewhere. He said not a problem just be aware and do not race the racers. You appear to be a racer yourself and I know you may want to see who is faster.

I rode cautiously onto the open course and proceed to ride. I saw the bib racers and they did look like racers. I saw some "awesome" looking rims and wheel sets. After about 5 miles I reached the running course so I made sure that I yielded to the ride of way to the racers. After they past I continued onward. All in All I was mistaken as a racer about 3 times. Damn. Do I have that look? Did I ride like I should be in the event? Who knows.

I stopped here and there and looked at the running course and the swimming course. Not too bad. I even got a bit reminiscent about my past - 2 years ago.

The event started at 8:00 AM on Saturday and supposedly ended at 8 AM this morning. The day was okay with some scattered rain showers here and there. A nice evening and night. I hope all went well them the past 24 hours.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: