Saturday, September 08, 2007

US Open 2007 - Day 13

Greetings Readers

Well, I have won another bet - since Justine Henin won yesterday's tennis match against Venus Williams. I did not find out until this morning. I wanted to be surprised and also I was not ready to lose another bet. The Men's Semi-Finals are going on this Saturday Morning in the Mountain Time Zone. Yes - that is Justine Henin pictured on my blog post for today.

The work week has come to a close and whew what a week it has been. I was going to blog about my early morning bike ride that I had Thursday's morning, but other things were going on and I could not make time to write. The morning was one of the events in your life that you really do not get everyday. I knew that there was a cold front moving into Colorado on Thursday morning I just was not sure when the front was to make its appearance.

So, that morning I got my rain gear and proceeded to go out outside. I see that the rain clouds were directly over me, but that is where the clouds were. To the East the sky was partially clear and the sun was shining the early morning rays as it was rising over the horizon. I rode about 100 yards when the rain started to fall. Basically a light rain was starting. The morning air was warming up and I was in heaven. I loved the feel of the light rain falling on my arms while the sun was shining ever so brightly. As most of you readers know when the rain falls the sun in above the clouds. Today the clouds were there, but the sun had just made Dawn and the effect on me was serene.

With the sun shining so bright and a light rain was falling I took my time riding to work and just enjoyed the time that I had that morning. I even took off my sunglasses so I could take in everything around me.

T
hat in a nut shell was a nice morning that I wanted to share with you readers.

That cow, you know readers, that Dairy cow that is outside Oscar's almost everyday. Well, Oscar's have put a banner on that cow for advertising of something. Nope. I did not look closely.

However, you know how much I just love that cow. Well, I am currently researching to see if Oscar can display advertising that big. Of course, if Oscar is breaking some sort of city code then by all means I want the city to know about it. Yep, that is me on this particular issue.

Oh, I finally made the front page, sort of, on the website that I joined recently http://www.sportingo.com/. I am very happy about making this part of the website. I know the article was hastily put together, but it was the way I felt and time was of the essence. I have included a screen print of my article The article is located in the bottom right of the picture "Is Novak Djokovic's clowning around a back-handed slap in the face?".

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: