Tuesday, September 04, 2007

US Open 2007 - Day 9


Greetings Readers

I just saw that there is a trailer for "The Mist" by Stephen King. Very Interesting trailer - scheduled release date is November 21. I am sure that the movie will sort of be based on the short story. However, the Mist was a short story and pretty good. Not the ending you may want to read about, but sure makes you think on what would you do in a situation for yourself/family/love one(s). I know that the story made me think about what I would do and who I might be left with and what to do next. The trailer sort of kept to that story line, but I think I see that there is an added element. I like the background music of the trailer. Makes the trailer much more spooky. The music really only has a few keys to me and then picks up toward the end, but never-the-less I can hear the same chords over and over which makes the score good, to me. Here is the website address - http://www.themist-movie.com/

I have a huge purple bruise on my left thigh. I could not sleep on that side of my body so I had to sleep on my right side. Otherwise, I think I am okay. No real soreness. A couple of scabs now. I think I really have made a couple of good scars in the making. In case you readers need some back history I was in a bike accident, by myself, while turning a corner. Going pretty fast on tires that I was not familiar with. My bad. Or as my old boss would say "Sucks to be you. Hah hah." I did make a blog entry so you can read my post on on the post accident. Last day in August.

The U.S. Open - Interesting Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I watched some of the matches, but otherwise I did some slow paced laps at Cherry Creek. I saw a few macthes, but I think I was most annoyed at Jim Courrier. I really can not explain the attitude that he is giving Tracy Austin. It seems to me that anything Tracey says Jim has to "contradict" whatever she says or make some issue about whatever Tracey says. Annoying to say the least.

I think most of you readers know my stance on the "other" announcers, but I have not put Jim into that group. However, after this U.S. Open I might have to. I hope that no one at USA Network told Jim to make himself get "into" it with Tracey Austin.

I, of course, heard that 7 letter word from Mary C. I heard Tracy say "Special" 4 times in less than a minute, J Mac refering to himself and comparing himself to the present players and age. And I heard "Epic" over and over from almost every announcer at the U.S. Open. I also did not care for the announcer in the corrider leading into Arthur Ashe Stadium. Always asking about their opinion other players and not about the upcoming match that he/she is about to play with the other opponent. Why ask that of the players when what matters how they feel about their match?

Well, I got to get going.

Note - Update 7:40 PM (MST) - I have got my first bet of the U.S. Open. It is Williams vs. Henin. I, of course, took Henin. I am hoping for the best for myself on this outcome! I need redemption.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: