Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wimbledon 2007 - Day 3


Greetings Readers

I got settled down last night and watched the Henman vs Moya continuation match and I was ready to see what transpired. I had listened to the match on radio Wimbledon so I know who won and was able to put some of the announcing I heard to what was I saw last night on my tape.

I am not going to say the match was "awesome" but the feeling was phenomenal. I would have loved to be there on Henman's Hill. I do not want sound like everyone else, but I do have to say that seeing the people on Henman's Hill and all the "Brits" cheering for a "Fallen Athlete" brought me to attention. I would even say there was a feeling of being proud for Henman. Here was Tim. Tim in the past years has fallen from the top of the game, but not forgotten. There are the commentators, such as that Mary C., who would say something "nice" in the current match and then say something "mean" like Henman needs to get off the court. Or I heard last night that people actually called on "Henman" to retire since he could not play well anymore.

Now readers, I hate those "comments" the commentators, the same people, who are so bias and one sided in the commentating. I just had to write this since this still bothers me when Mary C's fucking mouth opens. I digress...

I wanted Henman to win. I know of Henman in the past, but I do not follow him.

Yet, this match captured my attention since Tim is a Brit, it is Wimbledon, Murray is out, and England needs "a hero" to do good at Wimbledon. He played good, but not well. Moya was the same. A lot of serve and volley. And a lot of at net action. In one case of at net action the ball did not hit the ground until after four hits from each player. Boom-boom-boom-boom then point won.

The action picked up in the fifth set at 9/9. Henman and Moya both wanted the win so badly, but contained their emotions. The only emotion from Henman was the shaking of his fist ever so slightly. A silent subdue fist shake, but a very, very unsaid "Come on!" (as Mr Hewitt would yell)

In the end - Henman won and the fans in centre court and Henman's Hill stood and cheered for their "gentleman". Congrats. Thank you for getting Wimbledon off to the first "good" match of the week. Granted, it took two days to complete, but well worth the drama.

This morning, I heard that my girl has once again won and has advanced onto the next round! Boo-yah. Wimbledon is currently in rain delay and I am not sure if it has been lifted. I think that the delay happened about 2 hours ago.

Today's picture on my blog is me. Yep - me. My blog from yesterday made the special highlighted blog section of the blog page. Pretty cool to see me and my blog on the webpage being singled out. Woo Hoo

I visited three different bike station on the Ride to Work day. Granted, I bike to work everyday, but this is the first time that I actually registered for the event. I even got to stop at some of the bike stations for the first time. Nothing really special - but got a couple of free bagels, ice teas, tool kit, reflectors, a 1 day pass at a gym, button and little other misc things. So, instead of my usual 6.04 mile trip I went 12 miles this morning.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
T
he Fallen Athlete

No comments: