Thursday, June 21, 2007

2007 Summer Solstice - 4:06 PM MST


Greetings Readers

I caved in last night and bought a medium Pan Pizza - Meat Lover's Pizza. Damn, that was good and I enjoyed every bite I took. Gluttony and yes I felt like that after a few slices.

Last night the heat could be felt in my humble abode. Nope. I still did not turn on the AC. Yes, I could have, but I am being "hard headed" and will only when it gets too hot. I woke up sort or sweaty, sticky, but not too bad. I had the portable fan blowing in air from outside so it made the night nice. Although this morning the air was cool and I so wanted to stay in bed and actually close my eyes for another hour. Alas, I have to go to work.

I bought another Tiesto album last night from Best Buy. I was able to locate the album "Just Be". I finally have the song that I wanted which is "Just Be" Otherwise, most of the other songs are available on the other CD's that I bought recently. And I still have five more coming from Amazon.com in three shipments. I really have gotten into Tiesto.

So, me & LaMont when over to Samurai Sam's in Lonetree, CO (9231 West Lincoln). and had ourselves a nice lunch, courtesy of me. Lunch was good.

Getting to the point of the story. So, I got the rest of my "big" meal to go since I did not finish. While eating I had put on some salt and pepper from those small packets and yes I made a mess. I threw my empty packets off to the side of my bowl. Meanwhile, I bagged my lunch with some napkins and plastic fork. Then, LaMont says "aren't you gonna clean up your empty salt/pepper packets?" Not even blinking,"I said why should I there those people behind the counter who are here to do this. They are here getting paid for doing their job. I do not come into this place to eat and clean up after myself. etc...."

As I was getting on this "rant" er "point" LaMont's stern face slowly turned into smile and laugh. I immediately stopped talking and looked at him and got what he was doing. He asked that question because he knew that I would go off, so to speak. Yes, he got his laugh at my expense. Yes, I did also and did not realize that was intention.

Granted, I do not have that reasoning I just wrote, but most of the time I do. I know that we, as a society, view/treat fast food place differently from Restaurants. We tip at restaurants, but not at fast food places. We order like we are Kings/Queens of the manor at fast food joints while at restaurants we sort of order like squires. This is being general, of course. There are people like me who feel like kings everywhere they go. Not because I can, but damn people I want my order the way I want it. Not the way the menu, board says. If I want Fries instead of Onion rings - Then I want fries. More importantly - if I say "I want only mustard, lettuce, pickles on my hamburger, and that's it." That means that's it. Do not ask if I want cheese. I said "that's it" and that means "that's it" You can ask me over and over and I will be silent as a mute. Unless I am feeling pretty frisky and then I will ask you question "What did I just say?"

Of course after that I have to stand in view of my hamburger so no one will spit or do something else to get revenge on me.

Well, I better not get into this subject now, but I will return to this later.

Until the next time readers.

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: