Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Another Cyclist passes away

Greetings Readers

I am not sure how to react to another cyclist that passed away on June 2, 2007. I know not of the facts, but only what I can from another website that tell us readers "what happened".

Sorry readers, the cyclist was here in Colorado, so that is why I have a certain interest. I knew of Grayson Pointer, the cyclist that had an accident, but I did not know him as a friend Here is the entry from the blog that was set up at http://www.graysonpointer.blogspot.com/

What happened?
Early Friday morning, 05/25/07, Grayson was in an accident on his scooter at 19th and Glenarm. As he made a turn, his scooter hit the curb causing him to crash. During the accident, Grayson sustained serious injuries to his head and face. The emergency medical team at Denver Health Medical Center was able to stabilize his condition, but after a week in a coma his brain injuries proved too much for our dear friend. Grayson passed away a few minutes before 10am on Saturday, June 2nd surrounded by friends, family and his beloved wife, Lauren, at his side.


Now, I only know of him in name and yes it is sad that this has happened, but I have done the google, yahoo, rockymountainnews, denverpost searches, but I can not find any articles/news on this accident. Ususally there is something, a blurb, about a cyclist with the local news. I would like to know what happened. Was he spooked? Was there water in the turn? Did someone force him into the turn? Was he wearing a helmet? How fast was he going? Or yes readers I hate to say this, but was he not paying attention? I do not know.

There is not much more I can say on this subject. I do not know the facts nor is there any reports that I can research this accident. By the way readers in case you missed the facts of the story he was riding a scooter as opposed to a bike.

I guess, in thinking, would I be remembered after my demise? Most likely not. Does this matter to me now, thinking about it? No. I am content with myself. And as I stated some time ago there is a car with a name, my name, on it bumper. There is also a road with my name on its surface.

No French Open 2007 updates due to seriousness of today's blog entry.

until the next time readers.

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: