Friday, June 08, 2007

The French Open 2007 - Day 13


Greetings Readers

Today's picture is of a winner, even though he lost to Nadal in the semi's. Novak Djokovic. Again, one of the "ovic"

I was listening to Roland Garros radio on their website. Let me tell you readers - those guys who do the commentation is a breath of fresh air. I could not stop laughing while I was working away at work. These two brought the live match into my head. And I have to say this - I did not have to watch any of Nadal pulling at his shorts from his butt. Why? Why? Why does he do this? I do not know if he is from "the streets" or what, but everytime I see that gesture it is so disgusting to see on tv. Why? Why? Why?

I do not think I have mentioned this to you readers, but I think the problem with Nadal's short pulling is that either Nadal is not wearing any underwear or he is wearing a thong. Of if he getting sweaty in there, put some deorderant down there. I do not know. Or give the Thong a break Nadal and put on some briefs or something.

I think that is the other reason why I do not care for Nadal.

Oops, I digressed.... radio roland garros was good. The play by play good and they even had time to read emails that are sent in to them from the listeners all over the world. I now will take those two over Mary C and F, Dick, John, Bob and those other announcers who are always so bias in their commentating and using those same words over and over. Especially that "s -" word that is eight letters long.

"1.54 pm: Janie red's gone back to whispering, Tamara's sent be a virtual paracetamol and Marietta is keeping her newborn quiet, all for my benefit. You spoil me, you really do. Wocket Woger is now spoiling us too - races through a service game and he's ahead for the first time in this match. multimedia@fft.fr if you want to e-chat with me or Chris and Sandra who are currently commenting up a storm on Wadio Woland Gawwos.'

The radio Roland Garros announcers did great play by play and were serious, but then they talk and something would be said and the next thing you know I am laughing out loud making my co-workers wonder what the hell is he laughing at. If you readers get the chance please go to the website Saturday and Sunday and click on live radio. Better yet, mute the sound on the tv and put on radio Roland Garros on your computer, hook up via stereo and listen to them while watching the match.

I just wish that I found out about them when the tournament started last week. I tuned in yesterday since I wanted to know what was going on after the "beat down" in Paris. Once I get in the zone of tennis I must have it. Hah hah. I did watch the Henin vs Ivanovic match this morning, but hearing the play by play yesterday was very different from Mary C and Dick. And I do not have to hear Nadal / Federer every other sentence from Mary C. Nor her favoritism. Or her making excuses for players that lost that should not have lost, when in fact the player did not play well. Enough said.

So, I listened to both matches this morning and I got my tennis fix. No readers, I did not tape today's matches. I knew the outcome was what it was going to be. But, Davydenko sure did put a fight with Federer. Who knew Davydenko, the Russian would come this far.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: