Friday, June 15, 2007

Thursday nite listening to Trance


Greetings Readers

So music soothes the beast. I guess you, or even myself, could say that happened last night. I took my time biking home last night and even made a stop before going home.

I pulled the Tiesto CD's from my library and decided to listen to Tiesto. Whether I am on a bike or not Tiesto is music that I can feel "at peace" with. The tranquility of the music and not to mention the ambieance of the tunes is why I like his music/re-mixes.

The CD that I chose last night was Nyana. I am not sure how to start or even begin. I am not sure how I heard of DJ Tiesto, but I think that I heard the song "Just Be" Funny thing was that I heard the song on Nip / Tuck and someone else had did the cover of the song. Yet, at that time I did not know DJ Tiesto did the song. So, I was looking, but not really looking for the singer of the song. I did not try hard, but I did not find and soon forgot.

Then after a time, I was in the Borders store and I saw the Album cover for Nyana and thought to myself hmmm. Tiesto was on the cover and he looked "normal" and the pose was just an every day pose. He was not posing for the album or anyone else. I also saw a few other albums by Tiesto in the bin so I thought to gamble and buy the CD. After all, what do I have to lose and it is not a problem if I do not like I can always give to my brother. I listened to the two CD's in the Nyana CD and surprised. How did an artist like this ever get by my radar?! I wish to say that Tiesto is Trance, but there are so many other artist in the Trance section I can not say that.

Now, months later I am buying up all the Tiesto and DJ Tiesto CD's that I can find. And now, I think that I have reached my limit so I have turned (clicked) to the Amazon.com website to see what I can find. Last night, I visited the website and there are CD's galore. So, I think I am going to go on a spending spree and get me some more of my favorite music.

Do I have favorite, favorite song? Yes and no, but currently it is "Dance4Life". I like the song for the music, but not for the lyrics. I do not dislike the lyrics, but to tell the truth I am not paying attention to the lyrics except when "dance for life" is spoken and then how can you not notice that saying. Oops, sorry readers, this song is from the new CD Elements of Life. The song is "awesome" (Again I use that word since I heard an old co-worker use over and over), but in truth the song does not start for me until the 3:23 mark of the song. Yet, the opening song from 0:00 to 0:56 is also good. Yes, I know I am being critical, but at least I am being honest.

Then, the overall album is okay, but the song theme does not really electrify me.

There are so many songs I like by Tiesto. Sanctificum, The Anthem, Paradise, Destiny Sunrise (one of my really favorites), Requiem for a Dream, Heroes, Ancient History, Athena, Everything (another really favorite), Malibu Beach, LAX, and so on.

Well, time for me to go.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: