Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Greetings Readers

I am not going to say much. I did the Greenwood Goosechase in Greenwood Village, CO on Saturday. Yes - me and Rebecca tore up the course. Well, perhaps not, but it was the first official ride of the year and the first official ride for Rebecca. She performed perfect. I was a bit winded here and there, but not for the reason you probably think. Sorry readers, I will post the after ride journal this week.

Happy Father's day to my Father.

On Friday I was at the Grocery Store, King Soopers, and as I was getting ready to bike home. There was this family with two little daughters. The four, or perhaps three, year old daughter says, yells, to me "I like your shirt!" I said "Thank you very much."

Readers, do you even have to guess which bike jersey I was wearing!? I sure hope not. Or else Cartman will be pissed. Then, at the Greenwood Goosechase, a couple of volunteers also made comments on my jersey. Two years in a row and the jersey still gets the comments. Boo-yah!

Then after going home, I decided to go to the local bike store. I bought some odometers and then I noticed they had another bike like the one that I bought a couple of months ago. Guess who is 107.35 richer?! Me. My bike store has a 90-day guarantee that they will match or refund the difference on the bike if the price changes from 90 days of your purchase. That second piece of the evening even made the evening more sweeter.

Also readers, if any of you missed the first season of Dr Who they have just started running on PBS. For you folks in Denver, Co - it is at 9 or 10 PM on Friday night on Channel 6. That is Christopher Eccleston the 9th Dr Who. I actually did care for him in the first episode. You know trying to compare any other Dr Who to Tom Baker as Dr. Who is unthinkable. Yet, I gave him a chance and sure enough I got to liking him.

Hah hah.

Well, time for me to get going.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: