Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The French Open 2007 - Day 9,10


Greetings Readers

I am behind in watching the Tennis Matches of the French Open. Yes, I had to go to the official website to get myself caught up on the action. I see that Serena is out - beaten by Justine Henin (pictured on today's blog). Maria advanced. As well as Davydenko - the guy with that name. I am not prepared to write about the French Open so I am really summarizing what I know into this one paragraph.

Oh last week, I finally made the decision to turn in my mycokerewards points for a DVD player. Sure was a lot of points to give up, but at least I can say that I was able to fund that DVD purchase via Coca Cola Points. I got my DVD player, Tobisha, on Saturday. Basically, a "plain jane" model. I put the DVD player in my room and there she sits on top of the TV.

Apparently, I got the wrong fast food restaurant for a free burrito. I thought that the restaurant was Qdoba, but it was actually Chipotle. However, they were still able to honor me with that same deal. I bought three cans of chicken noodles and one can of spagetti (all were Campbell's brand) and it was about three dollars. I know a burrito is about $ 5.50 and I figured that I should at least donate half that amount. Yes readers, I thought about buying 5.oo dollars worth, but I didn't. I did buy the good stuff and not a can of carrots or cream of corn. As with SouthPark, Kenny's family is poor and they detest cream of something and that's just not right.

Anyway, as I got my burrito I handed over my bag of cans and he said I only need one to give to him. I said take them all. He said "thank you very much". Yes, I was standing pretty tall last night since I was the only one in line that gave more than one can and made everyone else take a second look at what they were giving in return for a burrito. I saw a can of black eye peas, carrots, etc. But I had chicken noodle soups and spagetti. I hope in the near future my CANS that I donated will keep a family from starving or from them saying "Dammit, another can of aspargus" I say that seriously and not in a joking matter. As with myself I never eat anything I do not like, therefore I would like not to give someone in need of food not the option to eat what I did not. That is shit and I am not sure how one could live with him/herself for doing that to someone less fortunate. As I was eating my burrito later that night I felt another redemption of past "sins"

What? Why did I not give something from my cabinet of can foods. Well, they are mine, they are all I like to eat and basically I would think that the cans from a Supermarket would be better and fresher than the cans I have in my food cabinet. And before any of you readers say anything to me you better have contributed more than one can yesterday. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. I did more than you did that day to help the less fortunate in a national collection food drive. You readers may done more in the past that I have done in one day, but I am only writing about yesterday's food drive.

Until the next time readers

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: